- Application of clear practice and procedure in day-to-day execution of job
- Organizes self and manages time to get things done.
- Requires supervision on operational matters related to specific tasks, and to review work progress/results
- Keeps manager informed of important issues.
- Builds effective relationships within their workgroup and with children/families
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions
Areas of Responsibility:
- Prepares and serves food and assists in any food related activities as directed and menus as approved by registered dietitian/nutritionist. These duties may include the preparation of food to meet the needs of children with special needs or disabilities.
- Oversee maintenance of inventory for all necessary supplies, food and equipment used for food services operations.
- Oversees the processing and storage of food and food related items as they are delivered.
- Oversees full kitchen operations and may supervise additional staff or volunteer assistance (depending on size and scope of workload).
- Implements a cost effective food service program according to federal, state and local regulations that is a financially successful operation by helping to control food and labor costs.
- Ensures that standardized recipes are followed and appropriate quantities of food are prepared and served in accordance with the CACFP meal requirements
- Prepares and serves all meals as planned, paying attention to food presentation and freshness.
- Performs any other relevant duties as assigned by manager.
A high school diploma or G.E.D
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a food service environment (experience having met Health Department Regulations, USDA and Head Start Standards is preferred)
- Must have or obtain prior to first day of work, Certification in ServSafe
- Commitment to service to Children and relevant knowledge of basic food preparation and kitchen operations, including food safety requirements
- Previous experience working with USDA/CACFP preferred
- Ability to relate sensitively with children and to work well with staff, parents and families.
- Strong team work and customer service orientation
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with children and staff
- Strong teamwork orientation and organizational skills
- To pass criminal background check including fingerprinting prior to first day of work.
- Knowledge of the basics of working with preschool children.
- Knowledge of the purpose of the Head Start/Early Head Start Program.
- Knowledge of local resources, customs and languages helpful.
- Ability to follow directions and take initiative.
- Ability to keep all information on families strictly confidential
- General bookkeeping skills are a plus.
Nov 3 2019
Dec 3 2019
Save the Children US