The Society for Advancing Business Editing and Writing (SABEW), the world’s largest association of financial journalists, seeks an interim executive director who can manage the day-to-day operations of the organization until a full-time executive director is hired.
SABEW is an independent, nonprofit organization that advocates for business and financial journalism around the world and provides support to nearly 4,000 journalists, including writers and editors in related industries.
* The interim executive director will supervise a small, remote staff and will work closely with SABEW’s board of governors, officers and executive committee. Some travel for fall events may be required.
* Writing and editing for the organization’s website, marketing, social media and communication with partners
* Oversee SABEW’s fiscal operations, including taxes; approving expenses; cash-flow management; serving as the point of contact on business-related accounts, including insurance; and proper records maintenance.
* Supervise a small staff and manage the day-to-day operations of the organization, including awards, webinars and in-person workshops
* Program planning: Working in tandem with SABEW’s board, partners and staff on existing programs and planned events.
* Work closely with SABEW’s officers, executive committee and board of governors as needed.
* Maintain an inclusive and supportive culture.
* An individual applying for this position can also be considered for the full-time executive director position. That application process is separate from the temporary application process.
* A relevant bachelor’s degree and/or experience working for a non-profit
* Excellent organizational and communication skills
* This remote position can be either part time or full time. The position pays between $37.50 and $42.50 an hour, depending on experience. Applicants are subject to a background check.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to the executive committee at [email protected]
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.