The Associate Technical Director, Child Protection will lead the FCF technical team and support and advise the Chief Party across all technical child protection and welfare issues on FCF. The Associate Technical Director, Child Protection will support the Chief of Party to work with NGO partners and work closely with the Cambodian government’s Ministry of Social Affairs, Veterans, and Youth Rehabilitation (MoSVY) to oversee the activities of a consortium of implementing partners. Activities delivered under this project will deliver critical programmatic learning and establish a model for collective action toward an ultimate desired impact of increasing the number of children living in safe, nurturing family based care in Cambodia.
The Associate Technical Director, Child Protection will oversee all technical aspects on the FCF project and provide strategic technical leadership across the programme, including strategic advice to the Chief of Party and project team and over 20 projects across diverse partnerships and ensure technical excellence in the FCF priority areas and programming. Work will also include coordinating with government technical departments, donors, development partners, and other NGO partners.
This role has supervision of three direct reports, and up to four indirect reports.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
Strategic Technical Management:
- Lead the FCF technical team and ensure technical innovation and maximise the collaborative working approach and technical engagement with the Child Protection Community
- Ensure good technical coordination and collaboration between partners in FCF consortium, and with the wider civil society, international community, government agencies and networks working on child protection in Cambodia;
- Facilitate coordination between relevant child protection actors in Cambodia including: grassroots organisations, Community Based Organisations (CBOs), NGOs, UN, and the Government of Cambodia;
- Work closely with existing networks and groups related to child care reform in Cambodia to ensure strong integrated programing;
- Contribute to the development, review and revision of the project strategy;
- Monitor programmatic performance of the USAID project;
- Maintain effective communication with the USAID team on technical areas in support of the Chief of Party as and when required;
- Ensure the quality of programmatic interventions are technically sound and strategic;
- Engage and oversee in the technical development and presentation of partner proposals;
- Oversee the Technical team (CP Specialists and Social Work Coordinators) to achieve program outcomes;
- Support the Chief of Party in compiling the Project’s reports as required by USAID and Save the Children;
- Engage closely with the other Save the Children Child Protection programs to ensure cohesion and integration, and facilitate close working relationships.
- Work with the FCF project team to ensure that partners are provided with the required support and that project plans are achieved;
- Ensure that effective technical partnership assessments are undertaken which identify capacity gaps;
- Arrange for appropriate technical training of FCF project team and partners to equip them with the skills and knowledge required to accomplish their responsibilities.
Technical support of Project Management
- Ensure that the FCF Technical Team effectively support a diverse range of over 20 projects are technically sound and highly innovative, contributing to the overall objectives of the program.
- Oversee and ensure that the project has effective monitoring and evaluation systems in place that enable learning, reflection and course correction;
- Review and support the finalization of project reports for the Chief of Party. ensuring that donor guidelines are followed and high standards met;
- Ensure potential issues and amendment requests are flagged promptly to the Chief of Party
- Be the lead Child Protection and Safeguarding Focal point for FCF partners
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL)
- Manage FCF technical teams overall programme of TA across over 20 projects, including prioritization of visits to the field, to monitor protection program implementation and offer technical inputs
- Work with the MEAL and FCF technical team to ensure that FCF protection programs are monitored against already developed standards and indicators
- Provide strategic leadership and support program assessments, evaluations and other reviews required in the program as required
- Ensure good consultation and cross learning and sharing information with wider stakeholders and other Save the Children members and partners and documenting all lessons learned and good models of FCF.
- Ensure appropriate staffing of the FCF Technical Team, including effective training to the team and ensuring the team remains up-to date with best practice in areas of focus for FCF
- Ensure that FCF Technical Team have clearly defined objectives and understand their responsibilities and are being effectively supervise to deliver high quality TA across over 20 partners
- Ensure compliance with staff development strategies and Performance Management systems and evaluations,
- Establish, maintain, and improve active and regular working relationships to represent the principles and work of SC to representatives of other organizations (UN, NGOs, INGOs, counterparts, donors, government Authorities etc.).
- Support the Chief of Party and ensure the FCF Technical Team is able to ensure the implementation of learning activities across FCF to embed a ‘culture of learning’ including participation in the Knowledge Sharing Group, learning events, and sharing data across the membership etc;
- Ensure consistent measurement of outcomes across the alternative care sector– particularly with UNICEF/3PC and GHR
- Commitment to Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding and other global policies, and to Save the Children values
- Strong understanding of the UN Guidelines for the Alternative Care of Children and commitment to family based care
- Practical knowledge of current thematic issues and debates regarding child protection in developing countries, and of the major institutional donors
- Excellent understanding of rights based/child rights programming
- Willingness to travel regularly and for prolonged periods to the field
- Good knowledge of care system in Cambodia is an advantage
- Aetna Medical and Dental insurance with a concierge service
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Vision Insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefit Program
- Vacation and Sick leave
- Paid holidays
What makes us special!
- Generous Retirement Savings with matching company contributions of up to 8%
- Family Leave – 10 additional days of paid time off for you to use to care for your family members
- Additional Maternity and Paternity Leave – 30 days where parents can take additional paid leave (beyond short-term disability and FMLA) at the birth or adoption of a child during that critical first year!
- Critical Child Illness Leave – We hope you never have to use it, but we will provide an additional 30 days of paid leave per year should your dependent child be faced with a critical illness.
- Pet Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Identity Protection, Home, Auto and additional Life insurances