The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a Director Youth Market-Dance for Mission Advancement Operations located in Philidelphia, PA or the Greater NYC/Westchester Area.
In this role you will be responsible for recruiting and implementing the American Heart Association's American Heart Challenge Dance event, working with the American Dance Movement, founded by Nigel Lythgoe and Adam Shankman, to recruit middle schools and high schools.
- Work with school administrative leaders and faculty, to raise funds through our educational fundraising program.
- Prospect and secure school participation through education and sales of AHA's lifesaving mission.
- Provide tools and training to help schools establish and meet fundraising goals.
- Direct achievement of an annual fundraising goal of up to $65K.
- Develop effective customer relationships with school administration through persuasion, organization, competitiveness, persistence and time management.
- Ability to work independently and resourcefuly
- Strong organizations skills with ability to multi-task and thrive in a high-pace work environment
- Applied knowledge and intermediate skills in Windows applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook and database tools to enter data as requested
- Demonstrated skills in strong oral communication and ability to speak publicly
- Valid driver’s license, proof of at least minimum state-required automobile liability insurance; ability and willingness to travel as position demands
- Ability to work outside standard hours as needed, including occasional evenings and weekends
- Satisfactory background check that includes motor vehicle and criminal history
- Two (2) years of outside sales experience
- Currently live in the assigned territory
- Knowledge of middle and high school structures and systems