The Volunteer Services Coordinator (VSC) is responsible for all aspects of the volunteer program. This includes the recruitment, processing, education, retention and coordination of all Habitat for Humanity SWC’s volunteers. The VSC also works closely with home build sponsors to coordinate sponsor volunteers and assists the Executive Director with home dedications. The position works closely with all staff members and volunteers to create a positive and productive atmosphere for volunteers.
- Respond to all individual volunteer inquiries
- Conduct orientations for volunteers
- Interview and place volunteers for specific needs such as build site, or special events.
- Ensure that volunteer liability waivers are signed and filed and required safety videos are completed
- Maintain volunteer records, statistics, volunteer hours and volunteer database for all volunteer areas including build site, ReStore and special events
- Communicate and coordinate volunteer needs / opportunities with construction staff
- Schedule volunteers to meet the volunteer needs of construction staff
- Scheduling of groups and skilled volunteers on build site
- Greet and orientate volunteers upon arrival at job site
- Develop and implement volunteer appreciation program
- Monitor and assess the need for volunteer services and suggest program improvements.
- Monitor volunteer satisfaction
- Work with staff to handle any volunteer concerns or issues
- Maintain Volunteer Manual
- Produce written informational and educational materials for volunteer outreach
- Assist the Executive Director with plans for on-site activities, events and home dedication ceremonies
- Work closely with sponsors, HFHI and other organizations on special projects and builds
- Represent Habitat to the community through community presentations
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with sponsors, HFHI, and the community
- Promote teamwork and foster motivation and understanding
- Contribute to newsletter for volunteer related articles
- Coordinate staff members in appreciation efforts for volunteers
- Participate in annual fundraising event
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Executive Director
- Enthusiasm, teamwork focused and strong customer service orientation
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Possess tact, diplomacy and flexibility
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- 2 years experience in the field of volunteer management or equivalent combination of experience, education and training.
- Personal volunteer experience
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS JOB:
- This position is primarily performed at a desk in the office or on the construction site overseeing volunteer logistics. Outside meetings and presentations are occasionally required.