The Probate Trust and Management (PTM) Financial Analyst is responsible for preparing and updating the valuations for all estate and trust files in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and to provide accurate and timely financial reporting for management.
- Determine the income and restriction classification for estate and trust files in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare and update financial valuations for all estate and trust files following procedures and processes.
- Input valuation data into the accounting system.
- Serve as the financial subject matter expert for PTM files and reports.
- Prepare year-end audit and other ad-hoc financial reports.
- Contact financial institutions when necessary to request financial information or clarification with complex matters.
- Prepare assumption rates related to reserves, real estate, discount and investments.
- Serve as a reviewer/preparer for large accruals and/or complex files.
- Work with internal and external legal counsel to determine financial impact of legal proceedings.
- Inform management on potential implications to policy and procedure changes.
- Review periodic fluctuation reports to identify large or unusual shifts in accruals.
- Periodically review, update and make changes to review processes and procedures.
- Execute month-end closing.
- Prepare quarterly reports and reviews for reconciliation purposes.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience required
- Non-profit accounting
- Trust department accounting or analyst
- Legal firm accounting or analyst
- Brokerage/ Investment accounting or analyst
- CPA or on CPA track
Demonstrates Finance Competencies:
- Customer focus, Decision quality, Action oriented, Optimizes work processes, Ensures accountability, Collaborates, Communicates effectively, Instills trust
SPECIALIZED TRAINING OR KNOWLEDGE:
- Exercise independent judgment and be able to explain and defend position taken to manager, attorneys, and auditors
- Ability to identify relevant information from brokerage and investment statements for financial valuations
- Understanding of legal trust and estate documents and ability to identify key provisions
- Understanding of probate and trust proceedings
- Understanding of financial present value calculations
- Excellent computer skills with advanced Excel knowledge to perform financial present value and annuity calculations
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- NetSuite and SalesForce knowledge
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.