PHI is looking to hire a Program Manager to support the planning, development, and implementation of the daily programmatic and operational activities of the Tracing Health Program. This position will have responsibility in program strategy, implementation, management, and stewardship, including but not limited to program sustainability, evaluation oversight, communications coordination, and public relations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Manage projects to ensure that daily, short-term, and long-term project activities, priorities and deadlines are being met.
• Ensure project deliverables are on time, within budget, and at the required level of quality
• Coordinate recruitment, interviewing, and hiring process of program staff members
• Ensure compliance with policies and procedures regarding program and staff management
• Assist Deputy Director with creating and implementing standards and practices for documentation of program development and management, as well as internal communications
• Assist with identifying and coordinating meetings with local and statewide stakeholders
• Communicate effectively and regularly with key stakeholders
• Plan and coordinate communications and meetings with PHI staff and affiliate program representatives
• Manage regional liaison activities in furtherance of the award and local needs
• Research, consolidate and summarize relevant data appropriate for program development
• Foster new partnerships with potential program affiliates, including engagement of program stakeholders (e.g. industry partners, community partners and other professional agencies)
• Research and articulate data necessary for program development in specific communities
• With Program Director, develop policies and practices for working with the evaluation team
• Coordinate information collection and synthesis of the program milestones and outcomes for the purposes of fundraising, communication, partner engagement, and public relations
• Coordinate with PHI Communications Department to generate public relations opportunities for the program
• Assist with developing and distributing promotional and program materials to key stakeholders
• Generate content and oversee maintenance of program website
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with program management, funder report writing, and grant stewardship is essential.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
• Experience and skills in project management; relationship/coalition-building; supervision/people management; program development; media/public relations.
• Proficient in computer basics, including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Master’s degree in a related field.
• Team-player and ability to work cooperatively and effectively with a team to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that promote program effectiveness.
• Professional, dependable, and detail-oriented.
• Ability to interact professionally with all levels of management and community partners.
• Exceptional leadership and organizational skills, and ability to effectively manage a small program staff.
• Ability to multitask and work effectively to meet tight deadlines.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Familiarity with and a strong commitment to addressing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Appreciation of the emerging impacts of COVID-19 on health care systems, public health departments, and government agencies, as well as a broad understanding of how COVID-19 is currently affecting different regions throughout California, and specific vulnerable populations and under-resourced communities desired.
• This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position.
• This position comes with PHI’s generous benefits package.
For more information or to apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/2008124
The Public Health Institute is committed to a policy that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and to make all employment decisions so as to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. To this end, the PHI will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition including genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identification and expression, sexual orientation, and will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are offered employment and employees are treated during employment without regard to these characteristics.
To apply for any position, you must create an account on the Public Health Institute’s job application site. After creating your account, you may search the open positions and apply for the specific position that interests you. Please note, mailed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
We’re so pleased the Public Health Institute is an organization you would like to work with. Do you have questions about this opportunity? If so, email our recruitment team at [email protected].
Posting Number: #214-20
Position Title: Program Manager
Closing Date: Until Filled
Location: Oakland, CA (Remote until January 2021)