This is satisfying and challenging work that makes a real difference in people's lives. We are where you can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. We are where you can connect people to making a lifesaving impact. We are where you can partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare. The American Heart Association is where you can make an extraordinary impact. We have a very exciting opening for a Business Development Coordinator supporting our Social Market events for our Bay Area Division in Oakland, CA.
The Business Development Coordinator is responsible for coordinating activities and provides administrative, logistics and clerical support to ensure the effective operations of the Division. Responsible for supporting assigned Division campaigns and events, managing various databases, maintaining/updating information and producing a variety of routine and special reports as scheduled. Position also has responsibilities for participating in overall office coordination to ensure excellent service to internal and external customers.
- Provides a wide variety of skilled administrative and clerical support for the Heart Ball and Research Roundtable team, ensuring all office functions run efficiently. Ensures a high quality of service is provided to all staff and volunteers.
- Solicits, secures, packages and prepares silent auction items for the Division’s Social Market events.
- Manages and updates websites for the San Francisco Heart Ball, Silicon Valley Heart Ball, Research Roundtable and other events as assigned.
- Partners with Development colleagues on winery recruitment support for San Francisco Heart Ball.
- Responsible for follow-up with sponsors to ensure proper receipting and payment.
- Manages data related to assigned campaigns and events through the use of appropriate databases, including but not limited to reconciliation, receipting, processing pledges, sending contracts and acknowledging donors. Organizes and maintains accurate files of donations and donors.
- Works collaboratively with and assists Events Team with event logistics and day of execution.
- Partners with the Operations Manager on operational procedures, including opening of mail, daily deposits, general ledger reports, monthly postage reports, coding corrections, and database entry and data management for corporate and individual accounts. Serves as an AAL for the office.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple projects, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Office administration skills, including general clerical skills.
- Effective written communication skills, including skill in proof reading for grammar and spelling
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to maintain a professional manner in all dealings with customers, staff and others; ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to keep all work-related information confidential as necessary