EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Position: Community Outreach Coordinator
Reports To: Executive Director
Summary: Heighten awareness of NCHFH by developing, managing and sustaining recruitment of volunteers and community partners. Manage and develop the volunteer program, administrative protocols, volunteer acknowledgement and volunteer retention programs, church/youth/corporate relations.
Primary Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Utilize all media outlets i.e. NCHFH Website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Constant Contact, to promote volunteerism
- Develop and secure volunteers and sponsorships, implement and manage Annual World Habitat Day, quarterly and yearly volunteer appreciation events, volunteer recruitment events, Annual Volunteer Appreciation Week
- Secure and speak with civic clubs, churches, schools, Home Builders Associations and other targeted audiences; develop solid ‘follow-up’ plan; train volunteers to speak on NCHFH behalf.
- Develop, enhance and manage volunteer orientations and safety training programs
- Promote, recruit church sponsor for annual faith build
- Work with Director of Construction to actively recruit and secure construction volunteers for each build site prior to build start date and throughout home’s construction/renovation
- Manage all hospitality needs on each build site (coffee, water, food, sign-in waivers, name tags, prayer, safety talk)
- Actively seek groups and individuals to fully staff ReStore every day, both shifts, Tuesday through Saturday, 9 am – 6 pm. Work in cooperation with the ReStore Manager and Assistant ReStore Manager.
- Administration & Committees: Recruit, train and manage interns and Volunteer/Hospitality Committee in order to delegate responsibilities. Work with each staff member to provide Committee recruitment assistance and training, advice staff of potential recruits.
- Develop system to ensure communication is maintained with all current and past volunteers
- Ensure Volunteer handbooks/policies are up to date
- Insure NCHFH homeowner sweat equity policies are adhered to and all SE hours are up to date weekly
- Ensure volunteer database is up to date and user friendly – train staff and interns on using system optimally and all communications with volunteers and Family Partners are logged
- Weekly staff updates at each Tuesday staff meeting of upcoming volunteer needs
The Community Outreach Coordinator is expected to fulfill the duties in addition to other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Natural ability to connect with people and build long-term, trusting relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications/Business or complimentary field preferred
- Proven fundraising experience preferred
- Proactive skill set and team-oriented in a collaborative environment
- Outstanding written communication and presentation skills
- Technically proficient with office software tools and internet communication tools
- Strong communication skills with colleagues, staff, volunteers, partner organizations
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks on time, within budget, every time, in a fast-paced environment
- Proven, repeated success in creating, developing projects, systems, events to sustainable, successful completion
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary, Schedule & Benefits
- This is a full time, non-exempt position, not to exceed 40 hours without prior approval
from the Executive Director
- Salary Range: $15.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Schedule: Tuesday through Saturday from 8:30 am to 5 pm.
Some evenings, when necessary
- Paid vacation, personal days and sick time, including paid holidays (Refer to NCHFH
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement of $125/month or $1,500 annually
- Cell phone reimbursement of $50/month or $600 annually
- AFLAC coverage available for additional fees
Drug Free Workplace
NCHFH is a Drug‐Free Workplace. This position is subject to a criminal background and credit check, periodic Department of Motor Vehicle checks to ensure a clean driving record and valid driver’s license, and drug and alcohol testing. We reserve the right to offer employment contingent upon successful completion of all checks and testing.
Equal Opportunity Policy
NCHFH is dedicated to a policy of equal opportunity in the workplace. We will give fair and equal treatment to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of NCHFH to prohibit discrimination or harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, age, or veteran status as protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices and personnel actions, including compensation, recruitment, and opportunities for advancement.