The Prospect Researcher will work within Fountain House’s development team to research, prepare, and provide biographical and financial profiles and reports on potential and identified individuals, foundations, and corporations. This role will be integral in finding supporters to push forward our new 5-year strategic plan, which will see Fountain House transform into a national leader in mental health and public health programs, innovation, research, policy and advocacy, and political engagement. Using internal and external data sources and collaborating with fundraisers to provide relevant information needed to grow Fountain House’s portfolio of major donors, with an emphasis on expanding our national portfolio, will be key. The Prospect Researcher will also maintain the development database, Salesforce, which includes, but is not limited to, updating and inserting prospect and donor information, creating systems and processes to store and track prospect and donor information within Salesforce, and administration and maintenance of prospect research platforms (example: iWave, LexusNexus, WealthEngine, RelSci, Foundation Center Directory).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Prospect Research (60%):
- Identifies and conducts in-depth biographic and asset-based research on prospects and existing donors for new and additional giving opportunities, with an emphasis on expanding our national portfolio.
- Leverage current donor pool to research influential connections for possible giving opportunities to Fountain House.
- Develops local and national prospect lists and generates profiles in support of various campaigns, projects, events, and meetings.
- Analyzes and synthesizes information from internal and external sources to assess financial capacity, philanthropic tendencies, giving propensity and connections to Fountain House.
- Monitors the prospect pool and provides support to the Moves Management process including identifying prospects who need to be reviewed, preparing reports and other materials for review meetings, preparing follow-up materials and reports.
Salesforce Database Management (30%)
- Create, develop, implement, and continuously improve prospect management systems within Salesforce.
- Collaborate with the team to ensure complete, accurate, and timely updates of information maintained in Salesforce as it relates to biographical, business, research notes, and prospect management data.
- Prepare reports and advise development team on trends and other analysis to support development events, fundraising strategies, solicitations, and special projects.
- Designs and produces analytics/metrics and monitoring reports for development team on a recurring and as-needed basis.
Other Duties (10%):
- Train development team on various functions within Salesforce, iWave, and other prospect research tools (for ex: WealthEngine, RelSci, Linkedin Sales Navigator, Foundation Center Directory).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Intermediate knowledge of donor types, understanding of fundraising processes, donor cycles, financial data, and donor information.
- Knowledge of information systems including a variety of software, internet, and various public and private databases.
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CREDENTIALS:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent.
- Minimum two years’ experience in prospect research; fundraising/development experience and non-profit experience strongly preferred.
- Minimum two years’ experience with Salesforce (NPSP).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and meet all physical requirements satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To Apply: Visit us and please include your resume, cover letter and salary requirements!