The Manager of Partnerships and Volunteer Engagement is a full-time position responsible for insuring a safe and meaningful volunteer experience. The Manager works to support communication with corporate group volunteers and manages relationships with corporate and community partners, regarding their volunteer build day. The Manager is also responsible for leading special event builds throughout the year and coordinating volunteer recognition strategies throughout the year.
This position works primarily in an office setting but may be in the field from time to time. Work week is Monday - Friday, with the exception of special build events on weekends. This position reports to the Vice President, People Services and works closely with multiple departments within the organization.
- Executes successful volunteer build days for corporate groups by providing logistical information, including build day schedule & attire, lunch set up, donor signage (if requested), and social media posting.
- Builds best-practice volunteer materials to share with donors.
- Works to manage and update group booking dates on the main calendar, ensuring volunteer slots are filled, and site waivers and sign-in sheets are properly maintained
- Recognizes volunteers through the provision of volunteer photos, quotes and content to External Affairs.
Volunteer engagement and satisfaction:
- Directs and executes Volunteer Orientations as needed
- Manages weekly communication with site staff to insure site staff have appropriate tools to provide a safe and meaningful experience for volunteers.
- This position monitors overall volunteer satisfaction in order to identify strengths as well as areas that need improvement, with the goal of ensuring a consistent, quality build day experience for every volunteer; reviews and distributes volunteer satisfaction survey data.
Special event builds:
- Leads and coordinates special event builds including MLK Day, Fleet Week, Delta Build, All Staff Builds, Build for Unity, Women Build, and Volunteer Recognition “Habby Awards.”
- Manages internal communication around special event builds, including build day overview, volunteer numbers, run of show, talking points, etc.
- Manages in-event logistics including: food ordering/delivery, event signage, branded collateral and takeaways, etc.
- Supports Marketing and Communications team around external engagement (i.e. press, media) for special event builds
- Equips site staff with the tools they need in order to ensure effective volunteer engagement during special event builds
- Works closely with members of the Resource Development, External Affairs, Family Services, and Real Estate and Construction teams to execute special event builds
- 3 years of relationship management and/or customer service experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Must be a an excellent public speaker
- Passion for community development and community service
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of CRM databases a plus (Specifically Raiser’s Edge or Raiser’s Edge NXT)