We are seeking a full-time Grants and Development Coordinator to be based in Washington, DC or NYC. Just Vision’s supporter base is comprised of private foundations, family foundations and individuals who are passionate about human rights, film, digital media and journalism, women’s rights, nonviolence and/or the Middle East. We have a 100% giving rate from our Board of Directors, who are active participants and help us steward the mission and vision of the organization. Our annual budget is approximately $1.7 million. This is a fast-paced job within a dynamic, high-performing team.
We are seeking a talented Grants and Development Coordinator to support Just Vision’s institutional fundraising efforts. Candidates must have excellent research skills, a love for language and writing compelling moving proposals and reports, an acute level of attention to detail, and a track record of consistently meeting deadlines. A successful candidate will have experience in and thrive when managing overlapping projects, deadlines, and priorities. S/he will also have a love for building the resources necessary to advance transformative social change efforts. Experience identifying and tracking large multi-year grants from private and family foundations is a plus, but not required.
The Grants and Development Coordinator will report to the Manager of Institutional Partnerships (based in the NYC office), and will interact regularly with the rest of the Just Vision team.
- Prepare and write eloquent, moving and succinct letters of intent, proposals, applications and reports.
- Prepare budgets and financial reports in coordination with the Manager of Institutional Partnerships and Director of Finance and Administration.
- Research and identify new institutional and individual prospects in the US, Europe and the Middle East.
- Work closely with the Manager of Institutional Partnerships to plan funding strategies for new prospects as well as renewal funding.
- Maintain the institutional and individual supporter pipeline.
- Oversee the calendar of deadlines for planning and submitting LOIs, proposals, mailings and reports.
- Maintain and ensure foundation and individual records (database records and computer files) are accurate and up-to-date.
- Craft concise updates for prospective and current funders.
- Interact with programmatic staff on a regular basis to maintain up-to-date knowledge of Just Vision’s activities and accomplishments, especially as needed for reports and proposals.
- Collaborate on team-wide development, communications and program-based projects, including our biannual mailing campaigns and special events.
- Exposure to the Israeli-Palestinian context. Demonstrated knowledge of international conflict resolution and/or the Middle East a plus.
- 2-3 years of experience in a full-time development role.
- Exceptional writing skills with the ability to successfully conceptualize, write and edit proposals, letters, reports and email drafts under varying deadlines.
- Strong eye for creating and maintaining rigorous organizational systems.
- Outstanding attention to detail and demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-performance culture.
- Computer skills, including database and Excel spreadsheet management.
- Comfortable working independently as part of a primarily remote team.
- Energy, enthusiasm and a sense of humor.
- Experience with database processing (especially Salesforce). (Preferred)
- Arabic and/or Hebrew language abilities and overseas experience appreciated, but not required. (Preferred)
Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, résumé and two relevant writing samples (no longer than four pages each) to [email protected]. Please put “Grants and Development Coordinator” in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. No phone calls, Facebook or Twitter inquiries please. Due to the volume of applicants we anticipate, we will not respond individually to each application. We will contact those applicants who are of interest to the Search Committee directly.
This is a full-time, exempt position based out of either New York (preferred) or Washington DC. We are seeking to fill this role immediately. Applications are due by September 15, 2019.
Just Vision is an equal opportunity employer. We carefully consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.