Are you ready to put your dynamic skills as a leader of sales or fundraising professionals to the test? If so, read on to learn how you can join our team of hardworking development staff in the nation’s largest city as we lead the charge in funding critical research, advocacy and educational programs to raise awareness about heart disease and stroke.
Is it about the money? Sure, but it’s about so much more. To continue our work against the number 1 and number 5 health-related causes of death in the world, we need dedicated staff who can engage and motivate our past, present and future volunteers, donors and staff to become passionate about our important mission and fundraising strategies. We are in the life-saving business and need staff who will make an impact in our communities.
If you have the desire to take your career to the next level, apply now to join our team as the Executive Director for the New York City market. This position will be responsible for some of the largest special events and work with the highest-level executives in the territory while supervising a team of 26 staff and partnering with key leadership volunteers.
- supervising, developing and mentoring the territory’s fundraising implementers and senior leaders on standard methodologies;
- responsibility for achieving revenue goals for the NYC market;
- lead the development, implementation, integration and evaluation of strategies and plans to achieve the region’s health impact goals;
- developing and supporting community-wide strategies to support the creation of a culture of health in the market;
- support the achievement of campaign goals through health asset sponsorships/activations and other means;
- serving as the staff lead for the advisory Board of Directors and committees to impact mission engagement, revenue goals and leadership recruitment for campaigns;
- leading the organizations efforts to achieve mission and revenue initiatives to improve the cardiovascular health of our community;
- developing and implementing a business plan of market growth through strategic market partnerships, key fundraising events, and philanthropic donors;
- understanding and utilizing our policies, standard methodologies, technology and systems.
In this role, you will report to the Executive Vice President and will be based in our NYC office.
Want to move your resume to the top and have the opportunity to become a “ Relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives ”? Here are some of the experience and skills you should bring:
- at least 5 years of experience in fundraising or corporate sales is preferred;
- a minimum of 2-years supervising sales or fundraising staff with the skills to recruit, train, direct and supervise multiple staff in a team environment, preferred;
- experience working with community/public health issues;
- ability to build powerful partnerships with corporate leaders and senior level volunteers;
- be a strong manager able to coach and mentor to our standard methodologies, timelines and volunteer engagement practices to ensure that revenue targets are reached;
- you can accomplish results through strong volunteer recruitment and management;
- have a track record of exceeding sales/fundraising goals;
- possess the knowledge and ability to successfully identify, cultivate, recruit, and manage relationships with top-level volunteers/customers;
- have outstanding interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and social skills;
- have the ability to understand and navigate corporate cultures to achieve goals;
- you are willing to work outside standard hours as needed, including early morning, evenings and weekends;
- you will need to be able to travel within your territory daily as well as occasional travel to other locations for meetings or training.
To help you be successful you will have access to our award-winning learning platform Heart U, as well as our sales training & relationship development program- Building Powerful Partnerships which received a 2017 Learning! 100 Award from E-learning! Media Group, and various other training and support mechanisms locally and through our National Center.
Attracting hardworking, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do. Our Rewards & Benefits package not only gives you the total benefits you want, but also goes above and beyond with creative programs to develop your skills – helping you grow and thrive at the American Heart Association.