Strategy. Story. Impact
Cinereach was founded on a simple yet challenging mission: support vital, artful films. For over 15 years, Cinereach has proudly supported the creation of beautiful, culturally relevant, and award-winning films and the filmmaking community at large. As one of media’s few artist-friendly organizations, we’ve earned the trust of our valued communities, by seeking creators, visionaries, and change-makers who share our bold vision to co-create stories that amplify cultural shifts and lead to measurable progress. It's at the core of all we do
As a strategy-informed media incubator, Cinereach today is a playground for experimentation where imaginations thrive, stories flourish, and every medium offers fresh opportunities. Driven by curiosity, we journey together — creating an environment that encourages experimentation, learns from failure and thrives on curiosity — as we seek to catalyze meaningful narratives by incorporating community, culture and research into compelling content.
Cinereach is seeking an experienced Development Director to lead our fundraising efforts. As Cinereach’s first Development lead, you will have the opportunity to develop and implement an innovative an aggressive development strategy that supports the organization's growth and impact goals. In this key leadership position, you will work in close collaboration with the Cinereach Leadership team and spearhead strategic relationships with philanthropic communities with financial resources to support the organization's sustainability, growth and mission.
The ideal candidate for this position is a strategic thinker with strong relationships in and around fundraising and philanthropic communities with a history of progressive growth and success. You are socially adept with the edge of a savvy salesperson, and you intuitively understand how to derive and activate a development strategy from strategic plans. You are a forward thinker with the ability to anticipate outcomes and advise on revenue targets. You are organized and dependable and always exercise good judgment, confidentiality and strong ethics.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major gift donors, financial partners, and other prospects (individuals, corporations, and/or foundations) to support Cinereach’s financial sustainability and growth objectives
- Work with the Cinereach Leadership Team to develop annual and long-term diversification plans and strategies (major gifts, planned giving, principal gifts) in support of our organizational goals; oversee the implementation of those plans
- Maintain donor relationships and work closely with the CEO on collaborative fundraising efforts
- Measure impact by evaluating results and iterating strategies as needed; conduct research where necessary, analyze information, and prepare reports that can be leveraged for regular updates for company leadership, and the Board of Directors
- Maintain a database of donors and provide high-quality reporting on the impact of their gifts
- Prepare persuasive pitches, proposals, case studies, reports and other development-related communication materials in support of Cinereach’s fundraising goals
- Organize external events and activities to attract interest and increase visibility for Cinereach
- Working with the CEO, COO, General Counsel and Head of Finance, guide and participate in negotiations for complex, high profile or sensitive agreements
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree required, CFRE certification a plus
- At least 10 years of experience in donor cultivation and securing requests for major gifts (10k +) and grants
- History of building and maintaining long-term relationships with fundraising constituents and networks
- Skilled communicator (written and verbal) with the ability to articulate the complexities of our business model in a way that encourages financial support ● Experience with non-profit/public charity fundraising best practices (for example giving trends, planned giving strategies, etc.)
- Proficient with non-profit regulation, financial standards and tax compliance rules
The salary range for this position is $130-$150K
This is a fully remote opportunity with occasional in-person events. At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis. Unfortunately, we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
Please submit your resume to [email protected] with subject line: "Development Director." Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.