Glasswing plans to expand its communications outreach with donors and the general public in New York and the US. The Communications & Development Writer will play a critical role in this growth and serve as a key player in creating successful messaging and stories, inspiring materials, and helping to manage donor information. We are looking for someone who loves to write, is a strong writer and creative problem solver, and has experience writing and editing a variety of communications materials. This position work with and reports to the US Country Director and work closely with the regional Communications team.
- Develop written content for all external communications including but not limited to newsletters, fundraising appeals, website articles, success stories, event materials, fact sheets, and impact reports from the field.
- Coordinate with regional communications team in Central America to create a pipeline of stories that demonstrate Glasswing’s impact.
- Produce, review, and edit any external communications materials.
- Help manage communications calendar.
- Collaborate with graphic designer to produce attractive and appropriate designed collateral.
- Work with the US Country Director to engage supporters in innovative and creative ways to show appreciation and the impact of their gifts.
- Support annual fundraising efforts, including assisting with donor information, gift entry, database accuracy, sending thank you letters, and executing other operational tasks.
- Manage special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 3-5 years of experience in communications preferred
- Outstanding writing skills and a sharp eye for detail
- Experience writing communications for a variety of audiences
- Experience creating strategic messaging via social media and web applications to engage audiences, increase visibility, and raise money
- Ability to work with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, including the founders and Board members
- Experience with Microsoft Office and G Suite
- Experience with Donor Management & Fundraising Software a plus
- Spanish Language fluency a plus
- Able to work in a dynamic and fast-changing work environment
- Attention to detail and ability to think critically about the task at hand
- Strong project management with the ability to juggle various projects and deadlines
Applications must include a resume, cover letter, 2 writing samples (e.g. newsletter, success story, appeal), and professional references (please include contact details and your relationship to the individual). Please send application material to Mark Loyka at: [email protected]
Spanish Language fluency a plus but not required.