The Board of Directors of New Orleans Area Habitat for Humanity (NOAHH) is seeking an Executive Director with proven, dynamic leadership, vision and passion to sustain and build on the high-quality programs currently offered by the organization. This position requires the ability to provide strategic direction, act as a visionary team leader, impact fundraising and serve as a key community leader.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record in big picture, strategic leadership, effecting revenue through innovative programming and ten years of experience in the fiscal management and operation of a large organization.
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, the ED has primary management and leadership responsibilities for all operations of NOAHH, including financial viability, planning, budgeting and resource management, daily operations, strategic initiatives, and Board relations.
- Advises the Board on all strategic business development and key agency planning issues, while making recommendations on major business decisions.
- Develop, recommend and monitor performance of organizational programs and services and take corrective action where necessary.
- Establish and ensure adherence to the agency’s fiscal programming, budgeting and accountability with regular reporting monthly to the Board of Directors.
- Act as primary spokesperson for the organization and work closely with the Advancement Department to develop and maintain relationships with funding sources, supporters and donors, including government units or other agencies which provide affordable housing or services to those in need.
- In collaboration with Director of Operations and Director of Construction, oversee the construction of 20-30 single family homes per year and oversight of 75 affordable housing rental units.
- Oversee the ReStore Director with responsibility for two retail outlets selling donated household goods. Assist with marketing and development of the new Kenner ReStore.
- Lead and motivate a staff of 35, including direct supervision of Operations, Human Resources, ReStore retail operations, Finance and Fundraising departments.
- Anticipate and identify emerging community needs and issues with respect to NOAHH’s mission and endeavors, and recommend responses and actions.
- Develop and implement internal policies and practices to cultivate and support a strong and productive workplace.
- Ten+ years of relevant experience. Preferably for a non-profit organization.
- Candidates must also demonstrate quantifiable success in fundraising with a proven track record in donor stewardship or in business development in an organization (non-profit or for-profit).
- Candidates must possess strong strategic planning, staff development, communications, public speaking and financial management skills.
- Knowledge of home construction industry preferred, including home mortgages and lending activities preferred.
- Experience with federal, state and local grants preferred.
- Experience working with a Board of Directors preferred.
- Must be able to pass a criminal and sex offender background check.
Competencies and Desired Traits
- The ED is a results-oriented leader, committed to all NOAHH stakeholders (donors, Board Members, staff, community partners and volunteers) and the mission of eliminating substandard housing for families in the New Orleans area.
- The ED must be a decisive, tenacious, forward-thinking, and optimistic leader committed to achieving objectives regardless of shifts in direction, priorities and/or work schedules and to maintaining productivity even in the midst of competing priorities. With a track record of seeing solutions in unexpected opportunities, this individual will possess the ability to forecast long-range outcomes and develop suitable business strategies. Comfortable with delegating appropriate levels of responsibility and authority to staff, the Executive Director will be equally adept at leading by example and engendering trust, demonstrating integrity and successfully interfacing with a wide range of people for diverse backgrounds.
NOAHH offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.