Under the guidance of the State OVC Liaison Officer and District Program Managers, he/she will be responsible for managing the implementation of OVC component in the PEPFAR priority district of Mumbai, Maharashtra including provision of need-based services to children of KPs, caregivers and adolescent and linkages to health and non-health services at the district and community level.
- Responsible for the implementation of program and technical approaches within the OVC component of the LINKAGES as defined by the PEPFAR Strategy on addressing children of KPs, care givers and adolescents in the PEPFAR priority district.
- Ensure availability of family profiles including vulnerability analysis for children of KPs and define a package of services for the family (KP parents, OVC KPs, adolescents) in coordination with Peer Navigators, Program Manager and staff within TIs.
- Provide services to children of KPs and care givers either directly or through linkages in the six PEPFAR priority districts based on the defined package of services for each subgroup.
- Strengthen DAPCU as the single window for facilitating social protection/existing social welfare schemes for reduction of vulnerability of KPs and their families
- Will leverage CSR or other resources for supporting direct services (educational support, nutrition, livelihood and vocational training) for KPs and their children.
- Implement package of services specifically targeted to meet the needs of adolescents (10-18 yr), including HIV prevention, life skills education, vocational and skills building and social protection
- Coordinate and collaborate with SACS, DAPCU and PEPFAR partners in the district;
- Ensure periodic and accurate reporting on key indicators related to children of KPs and caregivers reached with health and non- health services as well as HIV testing conducted; and participate in project review meetings at the national, regional, state and district level
- Facilitate documentation & disseminate program results, learning, and promising practices
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned by the Strategic Alliance and Partnership Officer, District Program Managers or State Manager, Director, OVC and India Country Representative, LINKAGES
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience in managing HIV, KP, child protection or OVC projects.
- Local candidates with knowledge of local language (Marathi/Hindi and Telugu) are preferred and will be posted to the specific district
- Experience of proactively identifying risk, addressing issues and appropriately communicating these to the project staff.
- Ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to consistency, detail, and quality.
- Ability to travel within the state and district if needed.
Compensation levels at FHI 360 are equivalent to market rates within the development sector. However, offers shall be based on salary history, relevant experience and qualifications.
Selected candidates will be required to join within one month of selection. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.