Manages all operations (excluding Facility Management) of the Hope Lodge, a hospitality house for adult cancer patients and caregivers. Ensures all policies and procedures for both Hope Lodge operations and general American Cancer Society policies are followed. Supervises, schedules and manages a staff team to ensure safe operation of a Hope Lodge operating 24/7/365. Implements Constituent Relationship Management principles as standard business practice. Partners with area hospitals, clinics and health systems in establishing and maintaining guest referrals.
- Manages Hope Lodge staff and volunteers to deliver programs and services to meet the needs of Hope Lodge guests and caregivers.
- Ensures implementation of the Hope Lodge Constituent Relationship Management plan with guests prior to arrival at Hope Lodge, during the Hope Lodge stay and once guests return home.
- Serves as primary point person for all guest issues, including admittance, adherence to policies, and problem solving.
- Oversees implementation of in-service programs and patient referral processes to establish a consistent and positive position for the Hope Lodge within the community.
- Establishes and manages relationships with healthcare workers and referral sources including conducting health care worker orientations.
- Serves as the primary spokesperson for the Hope Lodge and actively promotes community relations and awareness of Hope Lodge activities.
- Provides tours for civic, community and health care groups.
- Ensures timely reporting on monthly, quarterly and annual tracking reports.
- Responsible for identifying development opportunities with Hope Lodge guests and community leaders that interact with Hope Lodge and assists with solicitation when appropriate.
- Manages Hope Lodge staff and volunteers to ensure objectives are fully met.
- Ensures all patient data is entered into Hope Lodge Management System, Salesforce, etc.
- Works closely with Corporate Real Estate and Facilities Management staff to comply with all policies and procedures and to manage the maintenance of the Lodge, including but not limited to maintaining proper amounts of supplies and managing the overall cleanliness and safety of the Lodge.
- Performs any necessary responsibility in the absence of staff or volunteers.
- Ensures Hope Lodge is covered 365 days a year, including observed holidays.
- Assumes staff/volunteer partnership responsibilities related to the Hope Lodge.
- Assists enterprise-wide Hope Lodge staff with policy development and implementation.
- Oversees recruitment, training, retention and utilization of volunteers in an appropriate manner to support Hope Lodge program delivery.
- Four years of progressively responsible professional experience with at least two years of direct management.
Demonstrates Hope Lodge Competencies:
- Action-oriented, Communicates effectively, Customer focus, Optimizes work processes, Instills trust, Interpersonal savvy, Resourcefulness, Situational adaptability
- Excellent communication, analytic, computer and consulting skills.
- Advanced skills in administration and management.
- Ability to work independently and with minimum direction.
- Experience leading a team including part-time employees working alone outside of normal business hours to ensure 24/7 staff coverage.
- Remains calm under stressful situations, handles self in a professional manner at all times.
- Knowledge of ACS mission, and command of Hope Loge operations, strategy and program purpose is required.
- Proven ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to assess needs of various stakeholders and creatively influence courses of action within budgets and timelines.
- Experience in hospitality housing or similar residential management a plus.Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds.
- Ability to travel by vehicle and/or airplane as necessary.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Able to work occasional nights, weekends and unusual hours as may be needed to ensure 24/7 staffing.
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.