Habitat for Humanity ReStores are nonprofit home improvement stores and donation centers that sell new and gently used furniture, appliances, home accessories, building materials and more to the public at a fraction of the retail price. ReStores are independently owned and operated by local Habitat for Humanity Affiliates. Proceeds are used to help build strength, stability, self-reliance and shelter in local communities and around the world.
As a ReStore Customer Service Associate you will works as a team with store management, Donation Processing/Merchandising Associates and Drivers to facilitate the completion of all store level tasks. You will perform a variety of tasks related to different departments of ReStore including cash register, Home Decor Merchandising, Furniture, Building Materials, Storage Warehouse and other store related areas and functions.
This position requires lifting and moving large appliances, furniture, boxes, pallets and other goods from donor locations into the store and moving them around the store.
- Proactively assist all customers shopping at ReStore.
- Operate the cash register, scan items, bag merchandise and make/provide change for purchases.
- Work with store management to meet daily and weekly sales goals.
- Use POS System to Check-out customers making purchases.
- Stock and refill register area inventory. Including keeping the area clean and actively putting things in their place.
- Greet customers and provide an enjoyable shopping experience for all customers. Respond to customer requests in a timely manner.
- Use dollies, forklift (if certified), hand trucks, pallet jacks to move donated and priced merchandise out to the sales floor.
- Merchandise goods on the sales floor. This includes putting up signage. Creating signage if necessary.
- Routine inventory counts on all goods on the Sales floor.
- Assess donations and price them based on ReStore’s standardized pricing system guidelines.
- Create tags, print tags, laminate tags and restock tags as necessary.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with ReStore staff, volunteers, Habitat homeowners and ReStore customers.
- Complete daily organizational/cleaning task such as:
- Cleaning out donation processing area.
- Merchandise Donated goods on Sales Floor
- Other task as required
- Assist Customers on the sales floor with product questions and purchases.
- Develop Planograms, Vignettes and work with management to develop creative ways to sell donated merchandise.
- Perform the following physical behaviors continuously throughout their shift: standing, walking, handling, reaching horizontally, reaching above the shoulder, grasping firmly and pushing buttons.
- Complete indoor housekeeping functions including cleaning, dusting, mopping and emptying trash in all areas of the store. Work with a variety of cleaning supplies and chemicals. Some functions will require the use of a ladder
- Use Personal Protective Equipment where necessary.
- Follow all safety standards and regulations as per Employee Handbook.
- Adhere to all Policies in the Habitat for Humanity of BC>P Employee Handbook.
- Must be able to complete other duties as assigned by ReStore Management.
- Knowledge of retail sales and/or retail experience.
- Work is performed in a retail/warehouse environment.
- Ability to lift up at minimum, 25 lbs.
- Ability to spend majority of the day standing or moving about ReStore. Work may require climbing ladders, considerable standing, bending, kneeling, lifting and reaching.
- Forklift Certification is a plus. (Not required.)