Habitat for Humanity ReStores are nonprofit home improvement stores and donation centers that sell new and gently used furniture, appliances, home accessories, building materials and more to the public at a fraction of the retail price. ReStores are independently owned and operated by local Habitat for Humanity Affiliates. Proceeds are used to help build strength, stability, self-reliance and shelter in local communities and around the world.
As a Restore Corporate Donation Ambassador, you are responsible for retrieving donations during scheduled pick-up times from our corporate donors, businesses, distribution centers, storefronts, and warehouses. As a Corporate Donation Ambassador, you are the first in-person interaction with our donor’s floor and receiving teams. This requires an energetic and service-minded individual. This job requires lifting and moving large appliances, furniture, boxes, pallets and other goods from donor locations into a 26ft box truck (dock height with lift gate) and unloading the items at the ReStore for Donation Processing. Drivers work Monday through Friday during regular business hours.
This Position is Non-Exempt. Drivers are expected to work 40 hours a week. The position starts at $16 per hour. Benefits package included for full time employees.
- Use Truck Route GPS Software
- Use Vonigo software to properly record data acquired while picking up merchandise; including, but not limited to, planning routes and meeting pick up schedules and donor special requirements. (Training Provided)
- Maintain a positive attitude and relationship with all donors.
- Dress appropriately, have a neat appearance and wear ReStore logo apparel
- Load and unload all cargo at the proper ReStore Donation Receiving Dock.
- Stack, pad, and secure all items on truck to prevent damage during transport.
- Communicate with ReStore Operations Manager regarding incoming donations.
- Drive HFH vehicles to pick-up and deliver donated goods
- Maintain an effective working relationship with ReStore staff, volunteers, donors, Habitat homeowners and ReStore customers.
- Operate forklift (Certification and Training Available)
- Complete daily organizational/cleaning task including but not limited to:
- Clean out trucks
- Inspect vehicles daily for optimal performance using Truck Safety Checklist
- Clear out Donation Processing area
- Merchandise Donated goods on Sales Floor
- Maintain a safe working environment on and off the truck.
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations including size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods.
- Provide transport of goods to and/or from the ReStore Storage Warehouse.
- Assist in other areas within the ReStore, as requested.
- Abide by all state, federal and local laws.
- 100% compliance with the Habitat for Humanity ReStore Employee Handbook.
- Other duties as assigned by ReStore Management.
- Knowledge of retail sales and/or retail experience.
- Complete Criminal Background Check and Sexual Offender Check.
- Ability to lift heavy furniture and building materials consistently and safely.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on an ongoing basis and safely operate hand trucks, dollies, and pallet jacks as a lifting aide for heavy material.
- Ability to spend the majority of the day in a truck and able to operate safely on residential and congested urban roadways.
- Work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Must have a driver's license and maintain a good driving record.
- Forklift Experience is a plus. (Not required.)
- Work is performed in a retail/warehouse environment.
- No CDL required.