Under general supervision, assist with the acquisition, display, marketing and sale of ReStore products. Provide consistent, safe and positive development of associates and assets. Maintain a high quality donor-to-customer experience.
- Drive donations, sales and profits of the ReStore to further the local affiliate mission.
- Demonstrate and train staff in outstanding service to customers, donors, volunteers and others.
- Maintain positive relationships with potential and existing donors to increase quality and quantity of merchandise donations.
- Understand and communicate to all associate positions the Key Performance Metrics for all ReStore operations and how they relate/contribute to positive customer experience and high quality operations.
- Ensure all personnel understand and can effectively communicate the Habitat ReStore and Habitat for Humanity mission to members of the public.
- Effectively manage Habitat ReStore assets to ensure safety of employees, volunteers, customers and others.
- Support ReStore Manager in oversight of sales floor, facility and equipment.
- Support ReStore Manager with inventorying, maintaining and requesting supplies and maintenance services.
- Support ReStore Manager to ensure pricing of merchandise is within established standards and is applied consistently within the store and in relation to Habitat Prince William County’s other stores.
Staff & Volunteer Management
- Train and manage ReStore associates in accordance with relevant personnel and safety policies and take steps to ensure staff is well versed so that all policies and practices are understood and followed.
- Address violations of policy including safety, poor job performance or misconduct in a timely and appropriate manner. Properly document incidents. Resolve situations involving volunteers in consultation with the ReStore Manager and the Operations Director when required.
- Finance and Administration
- Assist in execution of systems for daily cash transactions and deposits as required or requested.
- Provide accurate accounting records of revenues and expenses as required or requested.
Reporting and Communications
- Habitat information, work and safety practices shall be communicated and reinforced with ReStore Associates, volunteers and others who will be in the facility and on the property.
- Keep ReStore Manager informed of operational and financial matters orally and or in writing with frequency and consistency.
- A record of responsible leadership, directing successful teams and being accountable for meeting specified objectives.
- Solid interpersonal and communications skills, internally and externally, with groups and individuals.
- Demonstrated ability in training, managing, leading and developing associates in a consistent, positive and safety conscious manner.
- Basic computer skills, including spreadsheets, word processing, presentations and email.
- A history of successfully adapting to rapidly changing conditions with unexpected shifts in priorities.
- Ability to safely lift and position up to 50 lbs. Job could entail occasional bending, kneeling and reaching, often in awkward or tiring positions. Bulk of time will be spent standing and walking.
- Ethical leadership demonstrating consistent high standards of integrity and accountability.
- Team building though positive and effective communications and strong interpersonal skills.
- Initiative represented by “a sense of urgency” energy, enthusiasm, attention to detail and follow up.
- Adaptability through quick, sound and positive decision making in rapidly changing conditions; anticipating, addressing and solving problems.
- A relationship builder for cooperative, mutually beneficial and long-term relationships.
- Personal presence projecting a professional image in speech and demeanor in interactions with others in multiple venues and scenarios.