POSITION: Program Coordinator, Partnerships & Entrepreneurship
LOCATION: Los Angeles
REPORTS TO: Regional Senior Program Director and Director of Entrepreneurship
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
Founded in 1998, LIFT is a national nonprofit that empowers families to break the cycle of poverty. We operate program sites in four major cities – Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and Washington, D.C. – where we connect hardworking parents and caregivers of young children to the people, tools and resources they need to achieve greater economic security and well-being. We believe that by investing in families during children’s earliest years, we can break the cycle of intergenerational poverty. To learn more, visit www.whywelift.org.
LIFT is at an exciting moment in its organizational trajectory. Having recently launched a new four-year strategic plan, we are expanding our team. We are looking for entrepreneurial, results-driven relationship builders who are committed to LIFT's mission and values.
This role is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Coordinator to ensure that the parents LIFT serves (“members”) receive excellent support, particularly towards achieving their financial, career, educational and entrepreneurial goals. The best candidate is knowledgeable about financial and small business development topics. Experience with barriers that parents face seeking / improving educational and employment opportunities and strategies to overcome those barriers is highly required. The coordinator’s primary objective will be to serve as an in-house expert in financial/ job force development and entrepreneurship topics for LIFT staff and volunteers as they deliver coaching services and troubleshoot specific issues with community members. This will involve supporting the Director of Entrepreneurship and the Sr. Director of Program and Strategic Partnerships with developing training, presentations, activities and delivery of the Community Business Academy (CBA) classes for internal and external audiences on small business development and financial capabilities. Additionally, the Senior Coordinator, Partnerships & Entrepreneurship will support with developing, cultivating and fostering strategic external partnerships with organizations/ groups and other stakeholders to increase recruitment efforts and better support the areas of work force development, finances and business development.
AS A PROGRAM COORDINATOR, YOU WILL:
- Leverage your knowledge and experience with financial and entrepreneurial topics to advance LIFT’s financial coaching model & entrepreneurship program.
- Administer financial programming such as trainings, workshops, savings products, access to capital for new businesses and more
- Build and maintain strong relationships with external partners focused on financial, job force development services and entrepreneurship supports to effectively build access to community resources for members
- Co-develop a strategic plan for recruitment of CBA participants and small business owners
- Collect and manage data reporting for two programs (Coaching and Entrepreneurship) in two separate databases
- Monitor quality of local program data collection and adjust strategies as needed, with support from LIFT’s National Program Team and external partner
- Share learnings with funders/ stakeholders, local and national program staff to ensure ongoing improvement of LIFT’s program model.
- Provide support to Program Coordinator, Parent Engagement with workshops, events, and recruitment efforts with external partners to support financial activities for coaching members
- Provide support to Sr. Program Director and Director of Entrepreneurship in the form of planning, problem solving and thought partnering
- Excellent presentation and public speaking experience in the delivery of business entrepreneurship and financial topics to small and large audiences. Presentations will be conducted online or in person
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and 3-5 years’ working or volunteering with low-income communities
- Experience working in entrepreneurship/business development, workforce programs or post-secondary education a plus
- Demonstrated experience and results in financial topics and services, e.g. financial literacy, asset-building strategies, financial goal setting, etc.
- Demonstrated strong skills in initiating, stewarding, and strengthening external partnerships for the purpose of creating more opportunities for staff and members
- Have outstanding leadership skills; you strive to improve individual and organizational contributions
- Be a skilled public speaker, possess strong training / presentation skills
- Possess outstanding leadership and managerial skills; able to strive to improve individual and organizational contributions
- Committed to our values of equity, relationships, diversity, hope and excellence.
- Comfortable with member engagement, group facilitation, outreach, and recruitment
- Be comfortable using Salesforce and data to learn and improve service delivery for two programs
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; able to execute multiple priorities and manage multiple stakeholders
- Be a clear and compelling communicator who enjoys rallying the troops around a common goal
- Spanish proficiency required; experience using salesforce a plus but not required
WHAT WE OFFER
- LIFT’s compensation philosophy is to pay competitively for our non-profit sector and ensure equity across the organization. The salary range for this role is $52,000 - $60,000. Compensation for the role will depend on several factors including qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience, and may fall outside the range shown.
- LIFT provides an attractive benefits package that includes employer-paid health care coverage (100% for employees, 75% for dependents), a 403(b) retirement plan including an employer match contribution, 12 weeks paid parental leave, partial cell phone coverage, and pre-tax accounts for transit, health, and childcare benefits. LIFT also provides a generous paid-time-off policy, including one-week company-wide vacation over the winter holidays and a one-week company-wide vacation over the summer fiscal year transition.
- LIFT is a qualifying public service employer, which means all full-time LIFT employees qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program. To learn more about the program, please visit: https://studentaid.gov/pslf/.
Qualified individuals, please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter with salary requirements.
LIFT does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, age, disability, religion, political affiliation, or ideology.
Please apply using our careers page: https://www.whywelift.org/careers/