POSITION: Program Associate
LOCATION: Los Angeles
REPORTS TO: LIFT-Los Angeles Sr. Program Director/ Program Coordinator, Parent Engagement
SUPERVISES: Not applicable
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
Founded in 1998, LIFT is a national nonprofit that empowers families to break the cycle of poverty. We operate program sites in four major cities – Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and Washington, D.C. – where we connect hardworking parents and caregivers of young children to the people, tools and resources they need to achieve greater economic security and well-being. We believe that by investing in families during children’s earliest years, we can break the cycle of intergenerational poverty. To learn more, visit www.whywelift.org.
LIFT is at an exciting moment in its organizational trajectory. Having recently launched a new four-year strategic plan, we are expanding our team. We are looking for entrepreneurial, results-driven relationship builders who are committed to LIFT's mission and values.
This role is an exciting opportunity for a highly organized, detail-oriented multitasker to contribute to the seamless functioning of the LIFT-Los Angeles office. The Program Associate is a critical member of the LIFT-Los Angeles team and the first person our parents, partners and supporters will meet when they come through our doors. They will support the LIFT-Los Angeles Program Team by conducting data entry and providing operational support needed to ensure the team can deliver high-impact work. This person should not only seamlessly manage existing operational systems, but also problem solve and improve upon the status quo. The Program Associate will build a new standard of excellence for internal and external customer service.
AS A PROGRAM ASSOCIATE YOU WILL:
- Serve as LIFT-Los Angeles’s first point of contact for parents; welcoming parents to our space and scheduling parent meetings with coaches via phone.
- Support compliance with grant requirements by tracking programmatic data.
- Provide operational support to the LIFT-Los Angeles’s Program Team and partner with the National Office as needed to improve upon systems, tools and resources.
- Support logistics for events hosted by the Program Team, including trainings, family-focused workshops, and celebrations.
- Collect member stories for reporting purposes.
- Provide support with programmatic special projects, as needed.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years administrative and/or program experience preferred; experience working or volunteering with low-income communities is a plus.
- You are customer-oriented and approach every situation with a spirit of generosity.
- You are detail-oriented and place a high premium on data accuracy.
- You are highly organized and possess excellent time management skills; you are able to meet deadlines in spite of frequent interruptions.
- You take initiative and have a knack for devising creative solutions to any problem in your path.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy juggling several tasks at once.
- You demonstrate good judgement and discretion.
- You are an experienced user of MS Office (Word, Outlook, and Excel specifically); other systems a plus.
- Spanish proficiency is required.
WHAT WE OFFER
- LIFT’s compensation philosophy is to pay competitively for our non-profit sector and ensure equity across the organization. The salary range for this role is $46,000 - $50,000. Compensation for the role will depend on several factors including qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience, and may fall outside the range shown.
- LIFT provides an attractive benefits package that includes employer-paid health care coverage (100% for employees, 75% for dependents), a 403(b) retirement plan including an employer match contribution, 12 weeks paid parental leave, partial cell phone coverage, and pre-tax accounts for transit, health, and childcare benefits. LIFT also provides a generous paid-time-off policy, including one-week company-wide vacation over the winter holidays and a one-week company-wide vacation over the summer fiscal year transition.
- LIFT is a qualifying public service employer, which means all full-time LIFT employees qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program. To learn more about the program, please visit: https://studentaid.gov/pslf/.
Qualified individuals, please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter with salary requirements.
LIFT does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, age, disability, religion, political affiliation, or ideology.
Please use our careers page to apply: https://www.whywelift.org/careers/