The Sponsorship Operations Coordinator is a front-line position, critical to ensuring a best-in-class Sponsorship operation and cultivating meaningful relationships between sponsors and children. He or she is accountable for the day-to-day execution of correspondence processing and child information management, serving as a gatekeeper for child safeguarding, sponsor satisfaction, and compliance with Global Sponsorship Policies and Procedures. The position holder reports to the Sponsorship Communications Manager and actively represents Save the Children’s core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity, and Integrity.
Sponsor Correspondence (25%)
- Responsible for the collection and documentation of all sponsor correspondence, ensuring compliance with Child Safeguarding protocol and Sponsorship policies and procedures.
- Notify Global Sponsorship Operations and Donor Services weekly regarding any correspondence or packages that do not meet our gift policy and follow through to resolution with the donor.
- Prepare and mail Community mail pouches weekly with corresponding return materials.
- Package and distribute all mailings generated and/or received from Home Office. This includes Welcome/Transfer Welcome letters and various marketing materials (i.e., Bouncebacks).
Child Correspondence (25%)
- Responsible for the collection, tracking, review, processing, and disbursement of all child-to-sponsor correspondence.
- Ensure that child correspondence is of high quality, legible, and represents the voice of the child. Identify areas of improvement and communicate any issues with the Sponsorship Communications Manager.
- Review all materials to ensure child safety standards are met and notify Community Specialist of any inconsistencies or policy violations.
- Maintain electronic copies of child proactive letters, routine correspondence, and 30-day letters and ensure files are complete and up-to-date.
Child Information Management (30%)
- Prepare and distribute all necessary community materials for USP Child Enrollment and Annual Family Update campaigns.
- Receive, review, track, and accurately process all new child enrollment and Annual Family update materials.
- Review child photos according to quality standards and identify areas for improvement/communicate any issues with the Sponsorship Communications Manager.
- Assist with child record maintenance, both in hard copy and in electronic storage, adhering to all required policies and participating in annual self-assessments and file audits.
- Ensure all child ineligibility is processed accurately and to the standards outlined in the policies and procedures.
- Run daily system backups to ensure data and files are stored safely in multiple points of access.
Operational and Sponsor Servicing Support (15%)
- Liaise with Home Office Donor Services to ensure messaging and customer services is current and properly aligned. This includes information Donor Services with any messaging and materials necessary for excellent, knowledgeable customer service to sponsors.
- Communicate and resolve package and shipping logistics issues with mail and freight vendors.
- Maintain adequate supply of stationary, envelopes, printing supplies and postage. Purchase mail room replenishments as needed prior to depleting stock.
- Contribute to the development of community trainings, resources and materials to ensure information is delivered accurately and in line with Sponsorship standards.
- Track correspondence productivity and completion status to specified goals and present regular status updates to manager, team, and other stakeholders.
- Run data transfers (i.e., Upstreams) and database reports (i.e., Correspondence and Holds reports), and resolve issues prior to submission.
- Assist in hands-on training and support to temporary staff and volunteers hired to support processes in times of high volume.
Continuous Improvement and Process Development (5%)
- Lead or participate in problem-solving methodology (Qwiksolvers) and/or support Continuous Improvement projects within the department.
- Support the development of new processes and drive operational efficiencies.
- Contribute to procedure manual updates to ensure all material is timely and relevant to most current internal processes.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of professional administrative, clerical, and/or data entry experience.
- Proficient use of Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and Outlook with experience working within and reporting from databases, creating mail merges, and utilizing basic office equipment.
- Highly self-sufficient with demonstrated ability to learn new processes quickly and complete work with excellent accuracy.
- Calm and poise in the face of change or unexpected challenges, capable of solving problems in a fast-paced, dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
- Able to interpret and implement established policies and procedures and to recommend changes when appropriate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; professional, proactive, and responsive customer-service approach.
- Demonstrated organization and task completion skills; ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a timely, resourceful, and comprehensive manner.
- Aetna Medical and Dental insurance with a concierge service
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Vision Insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefit Program
- Vacation and Sick leave
- Paid holidays
What makes us special!
- Generous Retirement Savings with matching company contributions of up to 8%
- Family Leave – 10 additional days of paid time off for you to use to care for your family members
- Additional Maternity and Paternity Leave – 30 days where parents can take additional paid leave (beyond short-term disability and FMLA) at the birth or adoption of a child during that critical first year!
- Critical Child Illness Leave – We hope you never have to use it, but we will provide an additional 30 days of paid leave per year should your dependent child be faced with a critical illness.
- Pet Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Identity Protection, Home, Auto and additional Life insurances
- Summer Fun Fridays – During the summer months, early release at 1:30 pm every other Friday!
- Volunteer Day – One paid day a year to support the causes that matter to you!
- Ergonomic Options – Every employee at our HQ offices has the option of a sitting/standing desk
- Leadership and Employee Development Training, including:
- Our remarkable in-house CORE, Senior Management Development, and Leadership Development Programs
- Language learning opportunities
- Continuous Improvement skill development programs
- Brown Bag information sharing sessions
- Work hard/Play hard! We make sure there’s ample opportunity for fun, engagement, and celebration while you work, such as networking events, March Madness, World Cup, Dodgeball Tournaments, Take Your Child to Work Day, Founder’s Day, and our annual Day of Service