As Director of Individual Philanthropy, this individual manages a major gifts program and directs a multimillion-dollar campaign that substantially increases private philanthropic support for HomeSafe. This individual serves as an advocate for the mission and programs of the organization and identifies, cultivates, stewards, and solicits major gifts. This includes setting up meetings between the CEO and prospective and current major gifts contributors.
- Major Gifts –Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors within and beyond the campaign. Develop and implement strategies to build prospects’ trust, interest, and investment in the organization; involve key executives and volunteers appropriately.
- Campaign – Implement strategy for campaign that is already underway to achieve fundraising goal. Identify prospects, develop cultivation and solicitation strategies, prepare proposals, and solicit gifts.
- Planned Giving – Create and manage a program to identify, cultivate, and solicit prospects for planned gifts. Ensure that collateral materials are produced.
- Board Giving – Serve as liaison with members of the board. Work with the chief executive and board chair to ensure that all members are properly cultivated and solicited for gifts aligned with their means.
- Campaign Communications – Develop a campaign communication program that effectively cultivates prospects, stewards donors, and strengthens positive perceptions of HomeSafe and the value of gifts to its programs.
- Volunteer Recruitment and Support – Define volunteer roles and responsibilities necessary to create a vibrant and successful fundraising program.
Planning and Management:
- Budgeting, Reporting, and Evaluation – Develop and manage an annual budget for the campaign and major gifts program.
- Policies and Procedures – Review, revise, and create (when necessary) policies and procedures for effective operation of the campaign and major gifts program.
- Gift Data, Accounting, and Management – Ensure that all gifts are recorded correctly and that donors receive proper and timely acknowledgement of their gifts.
- Donor Database – Supervise and collaborate with the Advancement Services and Research Coordinator to ensure that all prospect and donor information is correctly recorded. Work with this individual to develop sufficient prospect research resources and practices that ensure effective cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors and prospective contributors.
- At least five (5) years of experience in major gifts fundraising with demonstrated success
- At least five (5) years of experience with a range of advancement/fundraising responsibilities with demonstrated success
- Demonstrated experience with multi-year fundraising campaigns
- Demonstrated experience managing staff members
- Highly developed oral and written communications skills
- Significant evidence of consistently taking initiative to succeed at responsibilities
- Demonstrated competence with Raiser’s Edge or similar gift management system
- Familiarity with planned giving mechanisms
Salary commensurate with experience and marketplace, health and retirement benefits also provided.
Email resume, cover letter, a relevant writing sample to [email protected]. Finalists will be asked to provide three professional references.
HomeSafe is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.