The Development Coordinator is responsible for supporting and directly contributing to the cultivation and stewardship of key AFTD donor groups – including recurring donors, donors through AFTD’s Matching Gift and Workplace Giving programs, and major donor prospects. They will also assist with the organization’s Major Donor Program and Planned Giving Program.
Critically, the Development Coordinator is a direct line of support and stewardship for individuals and families designating tribute gifts to AFTD. A mentor and backup for the Development Assistant, the Development Coordinator will assist in maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of donors, donor contributions, acknowledgements and other details that contribute to the cultivation and stewardship of AFTD donor relationships as a whole in Salesforce. They will monitor the status of donor acknowledgements and will be directly responsible for escalating phone and email queries from donors and prospects.
Essential Job Functions
• Donor Engagement: Drive relationships with a portfolio of recurring donors (AFTD Sustainers of Hope), proactively tracking donor activity, updating and implementing engagement plans, and maintaining and implementing a calendar of monthly touch points. Coordinate stewardship for AFTD’s Matching Gift and Workplace Giving programs, confirming matching gifts as needed and maintaining portal log-in information and documentation. Monitor incoming donations from $500-$999 to provide additional personal acknowledgement when appropriate (with a focus on higher levels of giving as needed).
• Tribute Program Coordination: Serve as the first point of contact for families seeking information regarding memorial donations for loved ones, send condolence letters, and ensure prompt acknowledgment of tribute gifts to families; work with the Events team to coordinate AFTD’s Celebration of Life program.
• Database Maintenance & Support: Serve as a key partner in adapting database systems as needed; collaborate with and back up Development Assistant on automated and manual data entry for all donor and gift information; track donor activity in Salesforce. Support AFTD’s Major Donor and Planned Giving program by serving as liaison to other staff for documenting major donor, planned giving, and prospect interactions in the database, including Contact Reports and Engagement Plan updates.
Other Job Functions
• Conduct prospect research and complete donor profiles upon request.
• Serve as lead on donation processing and acknowledgement for marquee special events and as needed; represent the team at targeted events to strengthen donor relationships and provide support to the team.
• Assist with commitment and pledge reports for AFTD special events, and with reconciliation.
• Assist with keeping website content up to date for all individual giving programs (Recurring Giving, Matching Gifts, Workplace Giving, and Tribute programs)
• Provide support for the planning and implementation of Board Development Committee meetings, as requested.
• Travel for organizational meetings and events as needed.
● This position is an individual contributor and does not have supervisory responsibilities.
2 years of nonprofit experience or other relevant experience preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in an administrative role. This can include volunteer activity.
• Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are required.
• SalesForce or other CRM experience strongly preferred.
• Database maintenance and management skills required.
• Strong communication skills required, particularly written and verbal via telephone, and in person.
AFTD offers a full benefit package for our employees.
Interested candidates should apply to:
The Association for Frontotemporal Degeneration requires all new employees to present proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 when they start work. Currently, “fully vaccinated” is defined as someone that has received both doses of the Pfizer/Moderna COVID-19 vaccines or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine 14 days or more before they begin work. Individuals with a disability or a religious reason preventing them from taking the vaccine may request an accommodation.
AFTD values knowledge, compassion, collaboration, respect, and dignity. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) guidelines.