FHI 360 currently is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior Technical Advisor on the anticipated USAID-funded Uganda Integrated Child and Youth Development (ICYD) Activity. The Senior Technical Advisor is a critical position with responsibilities for leading, mentoring, coaching, and training. He/she will collaborate with the Chief of Party to build relations with key stakeholders; support program implementation; and address operational and programmatic questions. He/she also will contribute to the strategies for all technical requirements and will provide technical expertise to ensure the fulfillment of project deliverables.
Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
- Oversee and ensure effective technical performance of project deliverables
- Provide mentoring, coaching, and training support to the project team and partners
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with USAID, relevant government agencies, bilateral agencies, and other NGOs, while being viewed as a knowledgeable resource on technical issues
- Coordinate with the COP to ensure that the technical direction for the activity is fully disseminated among project staff, sub-awardees, and other key stakeholders
- Engage local partners, the private sector, and other humanitarian and development organizations to promote effective collaboration and cooperation across the diverse teams
- Contribute to knowledge capture and dissemination of learnings to key stakeholders
- Design and monitor the project implementation through a CLA approach
- At least six years of experience in relevant management, supervisory, and technical capacities working with programs that are of a similar scope and scale to this program
- Demonstrated experience in education, health, or another relevant field
- Experience in sub-Saharan Africa, especially in Uganda
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as they relate to project and program compliance and reporting
- Demonstrated experience building relationships and working alongside project stakeholders to deliver impact within agreed timelines
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.