FHI 360 currently is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager on the anticipated USAID-funded Uganda Integrated Child and Youth Development (ICYD) Activity. The MEL Manager will provide leadership and technical guidance to the ICYD program team on all MEL related issues. He/she will act as the primary point of contact for establishing and managing a data processing environment responsive to USAID reporting and learning requirements.
Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval. Nationals of Uganda are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Lead the development, implementation, refinement, and harmonization of the activity’s MEL system, including the development of indicators, targets, and monitoring systems
- Establish and manage a data processing environment responsive to USAID reporting and learning requirements
- Determine and design a learning agenda across all the technical components of ICYD, including HIV/AIDS, OVC, basic education, youth engagement, and local partner institutional capacity strengthening
- Strengthen the M&E system, building capacity of partners and staff, and improving alignment and support to host-country M&E systems
- At least five years of working in M&E with programs that are of a similar scope and scale to this program
- Excellent analytical skills coupled with proven ability in using visuals such as graphs, charts, maps, and GIS
- Excellent ability to articulate oral and written technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated expertise in rigorous quantitative and qualitative research and analytical methods
- Experience with USG-funded projects as well as education or health-related projects is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relationships with host country government personnel, stakeholders, NGO partners, and international donor agencies
- Extensive experience in CLA, knowledge management, and dissemination of research findings
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.