Save the Children is seeking a Finance Director for an anticipated five-year USAID-funded Supporting Learning Outcomes Activity program in South Sudan. This activity which will promote approaches and strategies to improve learning outcomes among children and youth ages 10 to 15, including development of both formal and non-formal education approaches and methodologies, to increase literacy and numeracy in South Sudan.
The Finance Director oversees all financial management, internal controls and financial compliance aspects of the program, in accordance with USAID guidance and regulations. S/he provides financial and operational management to ensure the best use of resources by preparing sound budgets, monitoring project expenses, and providing accurate and timely financial reports for donors.
This position is contingent upon donor approval and funding.
- Review and consolidate monthly financial reports to ensure accuracy and to provide regular feedback to senior management.
- Ensure all financial plans, invoices, reports, and other financial documents and transactions are accurate, timely, and consistent with Save the Children and USAID guidelines and regulations.
- Prepare and monitor budgets to ascertain that spending occurs as planned and that variances are anticipated, noted, and corrected; ensure that key program personnel are aware of budgetary resources and are able to monitor their budgets respectively.
- Prepare quarterly reports, consolidated annual fiscal report, cumulative life of project report, and any other required donor submissions.
- Verify that appropriate segregation of duties exists to ensure effective support of field operations and to protect the integrity of the country office finance and administrative operations.
- Perform financial review of purchase requests, purchase orders, and payment requests to ensure compliance with Save the Children’s policies and procedures and donors grants and contracts requirements.
- Oversee sub grant monitoring and compliance including organizational assessments, review of financial reports, advance requests, and financial tracking; develop sub grant monitoring plans; perform and document compliance visits.
- Supervise the finance and operations staff including performance evaluation and revising job descriptions as necessary. Develop the capacity of the team and facilitate their professional growth.
- Prepare and revise finance and operation guidelines in order that they adhere to SC and donor requirements.
- Encourage a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience managing finance for USAID-funded projects; in-depth knowledge of USAID financial management rules and regulations.
- Proven ability to prepare budgets and donor financial
- Strong analytical, leadership and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations.
- Experience as a coach/mentor to train staff and develop financial skills of colleagues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in
- Familiarity with the political, social, and cultural context of South Sudan is preferred.