The Field Coordinator will assist in the planning, coordination and oversight of all MADANI activities implemented in their respective district/cities. S/he will mentor and coach lead CSOs in assessing their own capacities and enabling conditions for better collaboration with and learning from actors within their community (i.e., other CSOs, local government officials, beneficiaries, etc.). The Field Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining strong relationships with the Local Government and respective agencies and other relevant stakeholders, as well as establishing and maintaining relationships with key private sector stakeholders.
The Field Coordinator, under supervision of the Technical Director and Officer, will also contribute to annual work plans and required reporting to the government and to USAID.
Positions will be based in each district and no housing allowance will be provided. The Field Coordinator will be expected to work with minimum facilities.
- In coordination with the MADANI technical team, the Field Coordinator is responsible for the planning, coordination, implementation and monitoring of MADANI program activities in the district for which the Field Coordinator is appointed;
- Develops strategic relationships within the local government and respective agencies and other relevant stakeholders, including with local organizations, private sectors, etc.;
- Work with CSOs to identify and strengthen joinly-identified areas of organizational capacity domains including strategic planning, human resources, and monitoring and evaluation;
- Work with CSOs to identify and highlight best practices in resource mobilization and mentor CSOs to increase their ability to mobilize resources to sustain CSO’s work;
- Provide technical assistance to Lead Partner CSOs to implement MADANI Learning Forums that will strengthen district-level networks of actors working on issues of accountability and/or community tolerance;
- Support CSO’s efforts to solicit beneficiary and partner feedback and incorporate this information into CSO programming;
- Highlight good practices that increase CSO capacity and improves CSO legitimacy and sustainability that can be replicated in other districts and work with the Jakarta-based MADANI team to identify new districts and local government partners for activity replication in new districts;
- Work with the District Government and respective agencies as well as other relevant stakeholders, to collect and ensure quality of data for M&E reporting;
- Assist in the monitoring, evaluation and implementation of MADANI learning events;
- Contribute to quarterly and annual reports, including coordinating with the M&E teams to identify relevant data sources;
- Adhere to financial, data and reporting compliance per USAID and Indonesian regulations.
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in civil society support, organizational capacity building, in local governance, advocacy, rule of law, or other related democracy, rights, and governance sectors;
- Experience providing technical assistance to district-level civil society organizations and familiarity with challenges that district-level CSOs face is strongly preferred;
- Familiarity with the respective district;
- Familiarity with donors programming, including rules and regulations is preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to work well with various stakeholders and to develop and maintain relationship;
- Demonstrated ability to design and adapt tools and document success stories and project learning for replication;
- Excellent written and communication skills, and sufficient understanding of English;
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and navigate politically sensitive terrain;
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of multicultural team;
- Must be a self-starter, with high degree of responsibility to project outcomes with minimal direct supervision.
Specific Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent monitoring, research, evaluation, and data collection skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others in diverse sectors
- Ability to resolve issues with new concepts and approaches to ensure research objectives are met.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.