As the Development Coordinator of Institutional Giving, you will work closely with the Director of Development and in meeting the revenue needs of SJLI through institutional fundraising, researching and writing compelling proposals, and overseeing data and knowledge management systems. This position plays a key role in supporting and growing SJLI’s budget of more than $2.5 million dollars, including an upcoming capital campaign.
The ideal candidate will be an active listener and engaging storyteller, very strong grant writing ability, a quick learner and problem solver, has extreme attention to details, ability to manage multiple tasks, and most importantly an understanding of a social justice and equity focused mindset.
Grants Management (70%):
- Develop and build a giving portfolio of foundations and corporations by conducting research to identify prospective donors and preparing compelling letters of inquiry, grant proposals and reports
- Creates budgets for proposals and conducts fund allocation for reports
- Develop strategies for new or increased support from current and prospective funders
- Lead all grant reporting activities including the preparation of narrative and financial reports, invoices, program documentation, and media coverage.
- Maintain and update dashboards; create and maintain reports that monitor progress against goals, fundraising targets, and upcoming deadlines
- Ensure organizational compliance with all active grant contracts, including crediting, deliverables and reporting
- Cultivates and stewards program officer relationships in partnership with the Director of Development.
- Represents SJLI at RFP meetings and other meetings with funders as instructed.
- Prepare internal teams for foundation site visits and corporate engagement.
- Acknowledges institutional donations, including thank you letters, grant agreements, and other needed documents.
- Develop and maintain all programmatic grant reports, ensuring on-time submissions to grantors.
Corporate Giving (30%)
- Conducts targeted research to identify new corporate prospects and provide cultivation and stewardship.
- Writes corporate grant proposals and reports.
- Facilitates site visits with corporate partners.
- Works in partnership with the Director of Development to implement corporate engagement strategies for SJLI events.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following qualities and attributes:
Culture- and mission-driven – extremely passionate about SJLI and increasing opportunities for the populations we serve;
A can-do attitude and willingness to go the extra mile in service of our mission;
An unwavering commitment to executing with excellence;
Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills
The ability to craft proposals and reports that are clear, compelling, and persuasive;
The ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of staff members and program partners;
The capacity to multitask and manage multiple projects and assignments, often with competing deadlines;
Experience using Blackbaud and other development software and/or other CRM (customer relationship management) systems; and
Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Strong passion for SJLI’s vision for social justice and equity; mission to improve the education, health, and well-being of youth and communities of color by empowering them to enact social change through research, training and community mobilization.
To be discussed upon hiring.
After you apply, someone from the SJLI team will contact you to inform you on how to apply to SJLI's internal hiring system to prepare for interviewing.