SBP believes we have a moral imperative for the safety of our team members, clients, volunteers, and communities in which we serve to safeguard against the spread of COVID-19. Since the start of the pandemic, SBP has been vigilant in enforcing safety procedures for all individuals serving on-site and will continue to uphold CDC recommendations for workplace safety.
SBP is seeking service-minded individuals to commit to 10 months of national service to help rebuild homes impacted by disaster. As an AmeriCorps member serving with SBP you will become a part of the growing national service movement, and have the opportunity to develop valuable professional skills with a dynamic organization that is pioneering a new model for disaster recovery. For our construction opportunities, no prior construction knowledge is required.
Additional opportunities with SBP AmeriCorps are available at these locations:
-New Orleans, LA
-Southwest Louisiana (Lake Charles area)
-Panama City, FL
-San Juan, Puerto Rico
JOIN the SBP AmeriCorps team and serve 10 months in one of the following roles:
As a Project Lead, you will train and coach volunteers in completing basic construction tasks and celebrate volunteer impact.
As a Volunteer Coordinator, you will recruit, onboard, and support volunteers.
As a Supply & Logistics Coordinator, you will coordinate the operations of SBP’s warehouse and delivery system to ensure project sites have the tools and materials they need.
As a Construction Coordinator, you will coordinate subcontractor schedules and monitor the progress of construction projects, ensuring proper permits are secured for each site.
As a Client Service Coordinator, you will serve as the point of contact and resource for the clients of SBP, assessing clients’ needs, provide referrals, and offer support throughout the application and rebuilding processes.
As a Disaster Corps Project Lead you will support response efforts immediately following the impact of natural disasters. Project Leads who serve under SBP’s Disaster Corps will be the first on the ground to provide services to impacted vulnerable populations throughout the United States. New Orleans or Houston ONLY.
- Monthly Living stipend of $1,427
- An additional $150 monthly housing stipend for individuals who have previously served in AmeriCorps, NCCC, or VISTA
- An education award of $6,195 upon successful completion of each 10 month term
- Eligibility to postpone repayment of federally-guarantee student loans during their service term. (The National Service Trust will also pay all or a portion of the interest that accrued during the service period.)
- Free limited benefits health coverage
- Child care assistance
- Valuable professional development and opportunities to further their career
Submit your application here: https://apply.workable.com/recruitamc/j/2CC55B1398/apply/
- Be at least 17 years of age or older.
- Have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States.