Assists Construction Manager in organizing, managing and leading the construction of homes using the Mutual Self Help and Habitat for Humanity construction methods. Teaches, directs, and works with groups of families and volunteers in the construction of homes. Provides motivation and coaching to participants for an effective work environment.
Teaches tool-use safety and maintains safe working conditions. Assists Construction Manager in preparing bid specs and reviewing bids. Assists Construction Manager with overseeing the work of subcontractors and the timely availability of materials. Maintains tool and equipment inventory. Maintains all necessary documentation in a timely manner.
- Positive customer service skills – ability to work with a diverse group of people from different backgrounds, worldviews, and experiences.
- Ability to lead unskilled individuals and groups in construction activities
- Experience working with/managing subcontractors
- Knowledge and proficiency with purchase orders and construction coding
- Must be able to maintain complete, accurate and timely records
- High-level of problem solving and record-keeping
- Accuracy, Detail Oriented & Organized
- Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving Skills
- Ability to provide daily safety briefings and explain Habitat’s mission, housing program and vision to volunteers and partner families
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Experience working with volunteers
- Experience with project management software
- Special Work Requirements:
- Ability to learn the USDA/RD program requirements for 502/523 programs
- Knowledge of Habitat for Humanity’s mission, vision and values
- Valid driver’s license required with good driving record
Required Education, Experience:
- 3-5 years construction experience required
- Knowledge of all phases of residential construction
- Knowledge of International Residential Building Codes
- Experience in job costing, bidding etc.
- Helena Area Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer