Do you enjoy process improvement and digging through antiquated ways of doing things to streamline work for your team? Do you want to work with a dedicated team of civil rights subject matter experts? Then this is the position for you!
The Bureau of Equal Opportunity (BEO) is seeking a compassionate leader eager to lead change management, embrace Lean principles and make decisions based on sound data analysis. Strong computer skills and experience in policy and regulation review are a plus!
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
This position is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the development, implementation and maintenance of the Department of Human Services’ (DHS) Equal Opportunity/Civil Rights Compliance program. This position will lead process improvement design for the bureau, working with program offices and the Health & Human Services Information Technology Delivery Center to ensure sound business practices. Work involves responsibility for directing the development, monitoring, and evaluation of the DHS’s EEO program to ensure equal opportunity for applicants, employees, and people served though programs administered and funded by the DHS. Data analysis and reporting are required to make sound business decisions. Work also involves the identification, analysis, development, and recommendation of policy proposals, programs and workflows to develop an awareness of the problems, to resolve EEO issues, increase employment opportunities, and recommend strategies and methods to streamline business processes.
Interested in learning more? Additional details regarding this position can be found in the position description.
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
- Full-time employment.
- Work hours are 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday - Friday, with a 60-minute lunch.
- Telework: You will have the opportunity to work from home (telework) part-time. In order to telework, you must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework, you will have the option to report to the headquarters office in Harrisburg.
- Initial training period may require more frequent in office days at first.
- The Department of Human Services provides excellent benefits, pay increases, paid leave and holidays, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
- Salary: In some cases, the starting salary may be non-negotiable.
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these notices.