The ReStore Manager is responsible for overall management of the Store’s day-to-day operations, playing an active role in planning for the Store’s future, and for representing the ReStore at public and community events. Specific responsibilities include:
- Hold chief administrative responsibility for the ReStore.
- Run the operation with the recognition that the ReStore is often one’s first impression of Montcalm County Habitat for Humanity.
- Ensure store is adequately staffed with employees and volunteers.
- Ensure quality customer service is provided and grievances are professionally handled.
- Ensure proper maintenance of facility, equipment and vehicles.
- Maintain up-to-date filing system and proper record retention.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive operations manual.
- Ensure compliance with safety standards and comply with accident procedures.
- Work with Construction Manager to reserve donations for Montcalm County HFH’s homes.
Staff & Volunteer Management
- Implement and maintain personnel policies approved by the board of directors.
- Hire, train and manage ReStore staff and volunteers in accordance with personnel policies and ensure staff is well versed about Habitat’s program and local activities.
- In cooperation with Volunteer Coordinator, recruit and recognize ReStore volunteers.
- Facilitate a positive, team-oriented environment in which all staff and volunteers are given the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
- Address and document violations of policies and code of conduct by staff and recommend action regarding chronic or serious situations.
- Resolve situations involving volunteers in consultation with the volunteer coordinator and the executive director.
- Evaluate staff performance in accordance with job descriptions and performance evaluation procedures, and issue raises within approved budget.
Reporting and Communications
- Provide monthly report of sales activities, expenses, projects and public relations activities for inclusion in monthly Board of Directors information package.
- Ensure that staff meetings are held on a regular basis.
- Work with the Affiliate in recruiting, training and retaining volunteers.
- Keep executive director and the ReStore committee chair informed of staff, operational and financial matters.
- Establish and implement donor recognition program.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other ReStore Managers.
Finance and Administration
- Implement and monitor systems for daily cash transactions and deposits.
- Provide accurate accounting records of revenues and expenses.
- Approve employee timecards and approve and code payable invoices.
- Ensure monthly expenditures are within budget; request exceptions for increases.
- Work in conjunction with the Executive Director, ReStore committee chair and Treasurer to develop annual operating budget and recommend capital expenditures.
Policy and Planning
- Develop and recommend policy for sales, salvage, material acquisition and staffing.
- Assist in development of marketing and advertising strategy for ReStore which is integrated with the overall Montcalm County HFH marketing and advertising strategy.
- Monitor competitive merchandise market environment (pricing and practices).
- Participate in the development and implementation of short- and long-term strategies, goals and objectives.
- Present all policy proposals to the ReStore committee chair, who will give approval to present to the Board of Directors for approval.
- Develop relationships with existing and potential donors to increase quality and quantity of donations in order to maintain full inventory.
- Ability to lead, train, and manage staff and volunteers in a positive manner.
- Knowledge of sales, marketing, and construction materials.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Basic computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets and email.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and unexpected shifts in priorities.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds. Work may require climbing ladders, considerable standing, bending, kneeling and reaching, in awkward and tiring positions.