The Material Handler/Driver/Customer Service associate works various functions of the retail store, drives a Habitat Vehicle and picks up donations at donors’ homes and businesses.
- Upholds the Mission, Values, and Promises of Greensboro Habitat for Humanity
- Represents HHGG in the Greensboro community, with Habitat International and among other Habitat affiliates
- Supports an environment where volunteers are productively engaged in the organization’s work
- Supports an environment where staff members are strongly encouraged to participate in faith formation activities
- Supports implementation of programs and practices to achieve greater operational efficiency and productivity
- Support an environment where safety of staff, volunteers and homeowners is a high priority
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, including:
- the ability to write and speak clearly and effectively
- an aptitude for listening to others, and
- a capacity to engage, inspire and persuade
- Drive and/or work on the truck picking up donations, unloading into warehouse and if needed placing on showroom floor
- Work various functions of the ReStore including customer service, cashiering, sales, pricing, shelving, cleaning and maintenance
- Work with staff and volunteers to maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Maintain a co-operative working relationship with fellow employees
- Minimum work experience required. Retail and/or delivery experience and/or working with the public a plus.
- Great people skills and good verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to drive various organizational vehicles.
- Able to stand on concrete floors, bend, reach, lift, climb in and out of trucks and commercial vehicles, climb on and off- loading docks all throughout each eight (8) hour work day.
- Able to lift, walk with, climb up and down stairs and loading ramps and docks, and load onto trucks, shelves and displays, 25-75 lbs of boxed and loose material, furniture, appliances and building materials.
- Able to work with co-worker(s) to cooperatively lift and load furniture, appliances and building materials weighing 100-150 lbs.
- Material Handler/Driver/Customer Service
- Valid North Carolina driver’s license required with a clean driving record
- 40 hour rotating weekly schedule, Saturday’s required
- Proper dress required