Assist the Hope Lodge Manager in overseeing the management of a residential hospitality house for adult cancer patients and caregivers. May manage assigned staff and/or volunteers in day-to-day operations and to support the execution of lodge activities and events. Ensures strong customer relations with guests and external partners while maintaining a positive supportive environment. Implements CRM principles as standard business practice.
- Provides back up to the Hope Lodge Manager in all areas necessary to ensure a smoothly running Hope Lodge.
- Serves as the “acting” Hope Lodge Manager in the event of Manager’s absence.
- Maintains visibility and availability for guests to ensure that superior service is provided.
- Manages a pool of volunteers, which includes: recruiting, training, scheduling and supervision of volunteers.
- Assists Manager in training and scheduling of Lodge employees.
- Coordinates, oversees and participates in lodge activities and events, including developing, scheduling, communicating, promoting and executing these activities and events.
- Maintains accurate data files and records, submits timely and accurate reports within established timelines.
- Generates appropriate monthly and quarterly tracking reports for the purpose of monitoring services provided and referrals made.
- Schedules the occupancy of rooms, inform guests of Lodge policies and procedures and ensures that they are adhered to.
- Assist Hope Lodge Manager to ensure compliance with all appropriate standards (e.g., OSHA, risk management, ADA).
- Provides tours for civic, community and health care groups.
- Performs any necessary responsibility in the absence of Manager, other staff or volunteers.
- Refers available ACS services and programs; ensure guests are linked to their ACS community for additional support and information upon their departure.
- Undertakes other duties as assigned.
- At least one year experience in healthcare, social services, hospitality services, or volunteer management, or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Demonstrates Hope Lodge Competencies:
- Action oriented - Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Communicates effectively - Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Customer focus - Builds strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Optimizes work processes - Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Instills trust - Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Interpersonal savvy - Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- Resourcefulness - Secures and deploys resources effectively and efficiently.
- Situational adaptability - Adapts approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Computer literacy and experience with Microsoft Office software essential.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills required.
- Management and volunteer experience preferred.
- Must have an active CPR/AED certification
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.