The incumbent will provide programmatic support to the LINKAGES team and implementing partners. He/she provides support to all implementing partners through their planning, budgeting and reporting processes. She/he also works collaboratively with the Senior Technical leads in implementation of Botswana workplan activities, provide technical assistance to implementing partners.
- Provides support to program management such as troubleshooting, updating work plans and monitoring program activities.
- Conducts routine site monitoring visits to implementing partners as part of the subrecipient monitoring process to ensure that their deliverables are met.
- Serves as point of contact and interact independently with partners, use good judgment to monitor and addresses partner issues in a timely manner,. and assist in the preparation of project administrative reports .
- Coordinates the implementation of technical activities under the assigned result area including cross-cutting issues and build the capacity of implementing partners.
- Reviews implementing partner program descriptions and workplan activities for new grants and modifications to ensure they are aligned to the overall Botswana workplan and budget.
- Documents program activities and deliverables and prepare reports, as necessary, of partner activities.
- Responds to a variety of programmatic, financial, administrative and logistics needs and requirements generated from senior management including development of request for procurements, maintain and updates project tracking sheets for deliverables e.g LINKAGES procurements.
- Contributes to the LINKAGES Project annual work planning and budgeting processes.
- Ensures compliance with FHI 360 procurement and financial reporting procedures by implementing partners.
- Collects, complies and analyzes information relevant to the program.
- Provides administrative support to senior management e.g. makes requests for logistical arrangements for meetings, special events, travel, and appointments.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on problems of diverse scope that require review of various factors.
- Exercises good judgment with selecting methods and techniques to determine appropriate action.
- Builds productive working relationships internally and externally.
- Decisions may cause delays and affect a work unit or area within a department.
- Receives little instructions on routine work. Receives methods and procedures on new projects or assignments.
- May provide guidance to other lower level personnel.
- Typically reports to Senior Program Officer.
- Experience working in an international NGO environment desirable preferably on HIV / AIDS related matters
- Field experience or experience working with field-based activities.
- Proven ability to support the management of project deliverables and consultants, which includes preparation of written deliverables and products.
- Ability to initiate, prioritize, and implement activities with minimal oversight.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Experience providing technical assistance in different cultural contexts, including local NGOs, and knowledge of the Botswana context essential
- Familarity with PEPFAR programs preferred.
There are 31 FHI360 development competencies. The focus for this particular job will be:
- Project Management (Planning and Time Management) - Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks (sets objectives/goals/measures). Breaks down work into steps, schedules, task/people assignments. Marshals people, time, and resource efficiently. Arranges information in a useful manner, and orchestrates multiple activities at once.
- Creating and Managing Systems and Processes – Recognizes the need for standardization and balances client and organization need in systems design. Anticipates the effects of process change on people while optimizing task efficiency and simplicity.
- Problem Solving – Analyzes problems, seeks input from others and considers a variety of solutions. Chooses most efficient and effective solutions with attention to the impact that solution has on other projects and tasks.
- Employees are expected to possess, or have high-potential for development of these three fundamental competencies.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience with program management, US Government rules and regulations.
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language as appropriate.
- Prior team lead experience preferred.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private organization.
- International or Domestic (US) Program Development or Program management preferred.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment. Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.