The YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth is looking for a cause-driven Grant Compliance Specialist to join the team.
The YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth is looking for an innovative leader to join the team and support the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. The Grant Compliance Specialist will be responsible for coordinating, organizing, and monitoring the post-award process for all grant-funded programs. This leader must have the ability to communicate program policies, maintain organizational and managerial accountability structures along with guiding the implementation of grant-related programs.
- Monitor and coordinate the administration and budget usage of post-award corporate, foundation, state and/or local federal grants to ensure grant compliance and any problems are addressed and resolved during the grant period.
- Develop and implement systematic program standards and reviews for grant-funded projects/programs to ensure compliance with contractual agreements, internal policies and procedures, reporting purposes.
- Work with association staff to manage and track financial allocations within grant-funded programs and projects (e.g., Evaluations, Services, Tech, etc.).
- Maintain a system for tracking awarded grant administrative actions (i.e receipt of notice of grant awards, processing of contracts, MOU’s and agreements)
- Provide assistance and support to all grant awardees to aid in effective and appropriate expenditures of grant funds and grant project management.
- Assist the Director of Grants in negotiating grant contracts when necessary and prepare contracts for necessary signatures.
- Understand program-specific guidelines and work with the Director of Grants to ensure appropriate recording & reporting mechanisms are in place.
- Secure adequate documentation in support of prior approval requests (scope changes, key staff, budget revisions, etc.)
- Ensure that reports for grants are compiled and filed by established deadlines.
- Participate in monthly review and assessment of progress towards financial and programmatic goals and objectives with appropriate Association staff.
- Review grant contracts to ensure they are in line with initial proposal.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience with grant administration and monitoring processes required, including experience in accounting and/or financial management.
- Positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail and high degree of initiative will help this candidate be successful.
- The candidate will need to have excellent written and verbal communication skills, computer skills, along with the ability to analyze, write, edit reports and perform financial analysis on grant awards.
- The leader will need the ability to connect and collaborate with diverse groups of people at all levels of the organization.
Hourly: $19.00 - $24.00