FishChoice seeks a full-time Administrative Associate to support day to day operations, programs, and projects for our distributed team.
Our ideal candidate is an organized self-starter who tenaciously manages details and can prioritize competing demands. We’re looking for a reliable team member who demonstrates initiative and responsibility, takes ownership of a variety of tasks, and quickly becomes an integral member of our small team. The Administrative Associate must have the flexibility to work independently with minimal oversight while ensuring that work is completed accurately and within established deadlines. Impeccable attention to detail, time management skills, proactivity, and a collaborative and cheerful demeanor are essential.
This full-time position is new for FishChoice and is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in expanding their knowledge and experience in the areas of nonprofit management, fundraising, administration, and/or seafood sustainability. The Administrative Associate will report to the CEO for operations responsibilities and the Program Coordinator for programmatic responsibilities.
The following reflect the major areas of responsibility for this position. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the duties outlined below. Given the nature of our work, the Administrative Associate will also be required to complete other duties as assigned.
Program and Tech teams support:
- Support program and tech teams through scheduling and other meeting logistics, webinar support, research, data entry, website feature testing, and other key tasks.
- Manage general email accounts; field and triage incoming requests.
- Manage administration of contracts with external consultants. Monitor and manage website registrations, including spam accounts.
- Support the management of program advisory committees, including scheduling virtual meetings, note-taking and organizing in-person meetings.
- Manage FishChoice’s shared online file system (Google Drive).
- Support local and remote organization operations.
- Keep record of all employer owned technology and equipment.
- Improve and maintain administrative templates.
- Create documentation for standard operating procedures for systems and processes.
- Manage bookkeeping tasks including depositing checks, processing payments through Bill.com, arranging alternate payment methods, fielding payment questions, and preparing invoices.
- Meeting planning, coordination, and support for team meetings, conferences, retreats etc., including securing offsite meeting space, preparing contracts, coordinating logistics, booking accommodation and transportation as needed.
- Human Resources Manage hiring efforts by posting openings, managing the resume collection process, and communicating with candidates as needed.
- Support HR onboarding and offboarding.
- Create new employee email addresses, set up access to other organizational tech platforms, and manage relevant billing updates for services.
- Prepare and share annual holiday and payroll schedules.
- Work with offsite Human Resources consultancy on ad hoc requests.
- Maintain proposal and grant reporting calendar using Salesforce.
- Communicate and coordinate with staff to ensure timely submission of grant proposals and reporting inputs.
- Assist with grant proposals and reporting documentation in line with foundation requirements.
We’re looking for a team member who:
- Understands how to collaborate with a variety of different people and roles, both internally and externally.
- Tenaciously tracks down the details.
- Conveys a growth mindset and is able to learn from setbacks.
- Leads with independence and adaptability.
- Motivates others through compassion, diplomacy, tact, and occasionally appropriate humor.
- Bring a willingness to engage in continuous learning and training.
- Enjoys laughing with a bunch of silly people.
- A combination of relevant work experience and education to successfully perform the core responsibilities of the position.
- Proficiency in working with the technology in an online work environment including GSuite, Slack, Zoom, Trello (training will be provided, as needed).
- Experience using a CRM (SalesForce) is a plus, but not required.
- Superior time management and organizational skills.
- Able to move between tasks and manage time effectively.
- Exceptional attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy.
- Experience working in an administrative capacity with a passion for efficiency.
- Experience managing and tracking grant proposals and reporting deadlines is a plus, but not required.
- Versatility and strength in both written and verbal communications.
- Discretion with sensitive and confidential information.
- Comfortable managing up and across to ensure deadlines are met.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to work well and independently on a partially virtual team.
- A commitment to FishChoice’s team values of being innovative, accessible, trustworthy, curious collaborators, and fun.
This is a full-time exempt position with an annual salary range of $55,000 - $58,000. Our offer to the selected candidate will consider relevant experience and competencies.
At FishChoice, we value our individual team members as whole humans with interests and commitments beyond their professional lives. As such, our benefits program includes:
- Employer sponsored health, dental, and vision insurance coverage for employees. FishChoice pays 100% of premiums for employees; employees may add dependents and have monthly premiums deducted from their paycheck.
- A 401(k) plan with an up to 4% employer match.
- Unlimited PTO plus paid holidays and a winter break.
- Employer-paid life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
- An annual professional development budget.
- Monthly reimbursements for wellness and remote office expenses.
- Schedule flexibility, with set availability for certain meetings and deliverables.
Send an email to [email protected] with the following:
- A cover letter describing how your skills, experience, and work style are a good match.
- Your resume.
To be considered for this position, please apply by February 10. Applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
We encourage candidates who meet more than 75% of the qualifications listed in this description to apply.
If you would like to request accommodation or assistance with our application process, please tell us how we can help by sending an email to [email protected].
Please do not send your application to this address unless otherwise requested. FishChoice does not accept solicitations from job placement and recruitment services. No phone calls, please.
At FishChoice, we believe that a thriving and sustainable seafood industry is possible. Located in Fort Collins, Colorado, FishChoice is a 501(c)(3) environmental non-profit that creates technology-based solutions to help commercial seafood buyers and suppliers easily wade through the vast amount of environmental data at their disposal, allowing them to make informed sustainable purchasing decisions. FishChoice partners with the leading environmental organizations in our field, and over six hundred seafood companies, to help determine the most sustainable seafood products on the market today.
To achieve our mission, we operate two major industry-facing websites:
FishChoice.com - Launched in 2009, the FishChoice platform is the industry-leading website and resource for seafood transparency, empowering businesses to analyze and promote their sustainability initiatives and products to staff, clients, and potential new customers.
FisheryProgress.org - Launched in 2016, FisheryProgress.org is the one-stop-shop for reliable information about fishery improvement project (FIP) progress. With over 95% of global FIPs reporting on our website, FisheryProgress makes verified FIP progress information accessible for hundreds of industry and NGO users, making sourcing from FIPs easy.
FishChoice is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at FishChoice are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We value a respectful, collaborative work environment. FishChoice is committed to providing an equitable and inclusive culture for each employee and across all areas of our work.