The Director, Website Strategy is responsible for the strategic planning, execution and implementation of optimization and improvements to Save the Children’s website, a critical channel supporting fundraising and other key organizational priorities. H/she will work with the marketing, communications, fundraising and other teams to devise the strategic direction and detailed planning for the website and is responsible for meeting website performance goals and managing budget expenditures a small team of digital specialists.
Website Strategy Refinement and Execution (20%)
- Developing goals by taking overall financial objectives and breaking them down to individual goals by Channel, Conversion Point, and Month
- Fleshing out each area of strategy (Traffic, Conversion and Retention), and creating tactical plans for each
- Determining areas for efficiency gains, both from internal process and external submissions in the overall operation of the website
- Developing a plan that would expand the website strategy beyond what’s already in action – basically - the “what do we do next” list
Website Testing & Optimization (20%)
- Determining strategy and managing processes for constantly improving performance of the website including:
- Implementing Adobe target A/B and Multivariate Testing Plan
- Insights planning
- Exploring and implementing new data points
- Personalization and experience targeting launch planning
Search Engine Optimization & Inbound Marketing (20%)
- Creating the overarching strategy for how SCUS will approach SEO and Inbound Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Website content planning by aligning content plans to larger Agency content strategy
Team and Resource Management/Development (20%)
- Developing measurable goals for team, inclusive of Director
- Creating a plan for internal team development (professional and personal)
- Developing ongoing plan for team to include feedback cycles, communication (and accountability) of goals, cross-training, etc.
- Determining what external partners are needed, for how long, and in what capacity including employing best practices for onboarding and managing performance of all vendors
Stakeholder Management (20%)
- Developing strong working relationships with all key stakeholders
- Understanding business objectives of stakeholders delivered through the website and reflecting these in the website strategy
- Communicating and reporting to stakeholders on progress in a transparent and comprehensive manner
- Performing other duties as may be required
- Minimum 7-10 years' experience in area of expertise
- Strong level of technical and/ or managerial knowledge, skills, and experience to direct the operational activities of a unit or team, or provide technical advice, guidance and management
- Experience with P&L responsibility for a revenue focused website
- Experience with A/B and Multivariate testing
- Deep experience website analysis and optimization in a transactional environment
- Experience with Adobe Marketing Cloud
- Experience with Analytics and A/B testing software
- Experience working in a fundraising or high volume ecommerce organization
- Aetna Medical and Dental insurance with a concierge service
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Vision Insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefit Program
- Vacation and Sick leave
- Paid holidays
What makes us special!
- Generous Retirement Savings with matching company contributions of up to 8%
- Family Leave – 10 additional days of paid time off for you to use to care for your family members
- Additional Maternity and Paternity Leave – 30 days where parents can take additional paid leave (beyond short-term disability and FMLA) at the birth or adoption of a child during that critical first year!
- Critical Child Illness Leave – We hope you never have to use it, but we will provide an additional 30 days of paid leave per year should your dependent child be faced with a critical illness.
- Pet Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Identity Protection, Home, Auto and additional Life insurances
- Summer Fun Fridays – During the summer months, early release at 1:30 pm every other Friday!
- Volunteer Day – One paid day a year to support the causes that matter to you!
- Ergonomic Options – Every employee at our HQ offices has the option of a sitting/standing desk
- Leadership and Employee Development Training, including:
- Our remarkable in-house CORE, Senior Management Development, and Leadership Development Programs
- Language learning opportunities
- Continuous Improvement skill development programs
- Brown Bag information sharing sessions
- Work hard/Play hard! We make sure there’s ample opportunity for fun, engagement, and celebration while you work, such as networking events, March Madness, World Cup, Dodgeball Tournaments, Take Your Child to Work Day, Founder’s Day, and our annual Day of Service