The Corporate Partnerships team at Save the Children works with Fortune 500 companies to bring about lasting change for children living in under-served communities around the world.
Under the supervision of the AVP and Senior Directors of Corporate Partnerships, this Director of Corporate Partnerships will grow and steward existing corporate partners to create shared value – simultaneous social and business impact – in support of Save the Children’s domestic and international programs, and to support the overall goal to become a $100 million annual revenue generating team by 2020, and will lead on ambitious partnerships, as well as playing a supervisory role for Associate Directors and Managers, directly and in-directly, to diversify and grow partner impact, as well as generate significant revenue growth per annum.
Strong cross-functional teamwork is also required across multiple sections of the Agency in Programs, web, communications and branding, and more.
- Revenue Generation – Independently develop, manage, maximize and steward several high profile existing corporate partnerships. Responsible for all applicable aspects of the partnership including (but not limited to): programmatic funding support; cause promotions; licensing; Gift in Kind of product, media and/or expertise; communications; workplace giving; and employee engagement. The Director is expected to drive transformational partnerships with a sustainable long term perspective.The combined portfolio of these 5-7 complex, highly matrixed strategic partnerships should generate no less than $3.5 million and should aim to generate $5 million or more for Save the Children, inclusive of emergency specific response efforts. (60%)
- Team Management – Directly manage 2-4 staff at Manager and/or Associate Director level providing them with leadership, strategic guidance/planning and direction to effectively steward existing corporate partners, increasing revenue from and engagement with these corporate partners year-over-year. Support other staff in Resource Development in his/her donor relations and prospecting plans, as needed. (20%).
- Provide on-going supervision, mentorship and guidance to all team members under his/her leadership to achieve departmental goals, assure staff retention, and continue to achieve strong team cohesiveness.
- Support the AVP and Sr. Directors with special projects - Contribute towards the implementation of the Corporate Parnterships department strategic plans as required and assigned by the AVP and SDs leveraging special skills (eg. event planning, advocacy knowledge, technical insights, and expertise in cause marketing or employee engagement). Represent the Corporate Partnership department internally as assigned, for the benefit of the team. These internal and external assignments may shift or be replaced by others, as needed during the course of the year. (10%)
- Knowledge Management - Continuously learn about all agency mission priorities vis a vis industry trends and represent the corporate team in various program sector updates and fundraising meetings when called upon to do so, including external conferences, meetings and speaking engagements, if applicable. Stay up to date in trends in fundraising with the private sector, shared value partnerships and international development to ensure they can address topics with strong, contemporary credibility. (10%)
- Extensive experience, 7-10 years, in corporate fundraising, marketing, promotions and communications or related fields.
- Proven fundraiser that has personally succeeded in growing partnerships 7-figure contributions from Fortune 500 companies.
- Extensive knowledge of current theories and practices in corporate fundraising trends (e.g., collective impact, shared value / co-creation, public-private partnerships, cause marketing, global volunteerism), with the ability to conceptualize, initiative and deliver multi-stakeholder projects that meet specific goals, on time and with distinction.
- Must be willing and able to travel both domestically and internationally, up to 25% of the time.
- Fluency in English
- Advanced degree in relevant field (business management, marketing, non-profit management or similar)
- Proven track record in account management in competitive, matrixed environments. Corporate social resonsibility and public/private partnership experience desirable.
- Demonstrated evidence of having worked with a diverse range of senior-level stakeholders (e.g., Board, C-level executives, non-profit leaders).
- Strong project management skills; responsiveness to partner needs; and ability to drive projects through to completion
- Strong level of technical and/ or managerial knowledge, skills, and experience to lead a Unit or Team—in providing technical advice, guidance and direction related to various size grants and other partner commitments.
- Excellent management skills
- Excellent communication & writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to negotiate challenging situations to achieve goals & deadlines;
- Knowledge of current theories and practices in fundraising, marketing and sponsorship; employee engagement, planning and strategy; project management; and communications.
- Strong teamwork orientation and ability to manage inter-team conflict
- Ability to problem solve & take initiative
- Ability to work in ambiguous environment
- Fluent in Microsoft Office package
- Passion and commitment to Save the Children’s mission and values
- Ability to generate new ideas and innovative projects to continuously raise our game; translates innovative strategies and new ideas into cross-team, cross-functional projects with specific KPIs aligned with team, RD and agency goals.
- Experience in creating public/private partnerships and developing impact metrics
- Second language is preferred
- Meaningful work, with a knowledge that you are changing the lives of children all around the world
- A family friendly work environment
- Highly collaborative and innovative teams
- Generous paid vacation days, holidays, family leave days, and sick time
- Healthcare plans including medical, dental, and life insurance
- Retirement savings account with matching company contributions
- Structured and formalized management development and coaching programs for mid and senior level managers
- Extensive e-learning opportunities on a variety of topics offered through our affiliation with several prestigious universities as well as language learning opportunities.