The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a Healthy Living Program Coordinator that will be based in Lee County, FL. The primary focus for this position will be related to the implementation of healthy living programs in community and corporate settings. This is a grant funded, part time (20/hrs. per week or less) position scheduled to last no longer than 2 years from hire date.
The Healthy Living Coordinator will implement a market-wide plan to inspire change focusing on prevention by offering survivors and high-risk individuals the tools and resources to make those necessary lifestyle changes. Target populations will include high-risk communities and employees of local health care organizations.
- Drive health engagement within individuals from high-risk communities by managing the recruitment and enrollment of participants into heart healthy cooking classes, fitness classes and mindfulness classes.
- In collaboration with development staff, drive healthy living engagement goals through the coordination of health-living strategies and monitoring of programmatic outcomes.
- Build and improve upon meaningful volunteer and organizational partnerships to advance the mission of the AHA.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to productively participate in a multi-disciplinary team environment and manage large projects ensuring deadline compliance with minimal supervision.
- Ability to conduct meetings with internal staff and volunteers including interacting with external partners/sponsors representing AHA to the public as necessary.
- Highly effective organization, multi-tasking, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate daily with staff from various teams.
- Ability to work, as needed, outside standard business hours and travel within the territory served, and daily commuting to key areas of Lee County, key business meetings at the Lee County office as needed and commuting to the surrounding area, for a business appointment, meetings and engagements.
Here are some of the preferred skills we are looking for:
- Knowledge of voluntary health organizations, corporate wellness initiatives and/or nonprofit organizations.
- Experience in volunteer recruitment and management to drive health impact goals.
- Experience in each of the following areas: culturally diverse public health education, community programs and outreach related to health issues, including disparities across multiple cultural and socio-economic groups.