The Employment Services Advisor is responsible for direct service delivery with the goal of assisting immigrant and refugee/asylee clients to move beyond entry-level jobs and to resume their professional careers in the USA. Career Pathways services include career counseling, enrollment in training and recertification programs, and ongoing steps, including gateway jobs and a path toward higher skilled, higher wage job aligned with professional experience. This role essentially supports jobseekers’ move to gainful employment in their desired career field. This position needs to understand and use labor market information to improve job seeker opportunities and influence program success.
- Develop an individualized career development plan with job seeker, showing the unique pathway to be taken by the jobseeker towards a job search, immediate (gateway/bridge job in professional industry) and long term, to reach their ultimate placement goal.
- Provide ongoing assessment of an individual’s skills and needs. Use a strengths-based approach to assess job seeker skills, interests and needs. Provide referrals to other support service partners as needed.
- Ensure “goodness of fit” when placing job seekers in employment
- Provide work-based learning opportunities such as internships, job shadowing, and project-based learning opportunities
- Maintain a consistent caseload of job seeker clients per year.
- Based on career assessment plan, identify scholarships (if available) and advise jobseekers on training, skilling and/or licensing/recertification programs.
- Participate and contribute to “Communities of Practice” industry teams that offer work readiness workshops.
- Deliver retention activities to keep job seekers engaged in programming and employed.
- Maintain detailed relationship records using Salesforce database.
- Complete other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Liaise between employers and clients to help clients secure gainful employment. Maintain relationships with existing employer partners and share candidates for opportunities within our employer network.
- Help facilitate events and job seeker recruitment.
- Collaborate with the multi disciplinary teams to ensure that clients receive the comprehensive services and ensure effective program delivery.
- In consultation with Program & Volunteer Leads (PVLs) to ensure appropriate industry volunteer support is available to jobseekers, as needed.
- Support proposal development activities in collaboration with team members, as needed.
- Two (2) plus years of related work experience in a coaching, workforce or human resources role is a plus.
- Strong coaching skills and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Able to work cross-culturally in a diverse environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and strong presentation skills.
- Detail orientated with an ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
- Excellent data management skills and possess a commitment to analyze and utilize data connected with work related projects.
$50,000 - $60,000
To apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with Employment Service Advisor - El Paso, TX in the subject line.