In response to work by CIWF and others, hundreds of food companies have pledged meaningful commitments to improve animal welfare in their supply chains in recent years – particularly for cage-free eggs. The Corporate Compliance Coordinator will help ensure that these commitments on paper translate to meaningful and widespread impact for animals. Specifically, this role will be responsible for supporting the development, implementation, and strengthening of compliance strategies and tools to catalyze and track food companies’ progress towards their farm animal welfare commitments.
The post holder will engage with top US food companies (both to foster reporting and support development of technical resources, e.g. supply chain road-maps and case studies), lead desk research and analysis, and develop CIWF’s public-facing EggTrack and ChickenTrack reports – focused on cage-free eggs and broiler chicken welfare, respectively. Corporate engagement and research will include various sectors of the industry, including producers, food retailers, manufacturers and restaurants. The right candidate will be comfortable operating in high-level professional settings, including speaking directly to company representatives and presenting on reports in public settings. They must also be extremely detail-oriented, persuasive and passionate about the organization’s mission.
- Support development and publication of EggTrack and ChickenTrack reports
- Engage in outreach to food companies to solicit progress updates, ensuring companies are making progress against their commitments
- Coordinate with stakeholders, such as the investor community, to foster alignment on tracking progress
- Support development of technical resources, such as case studies on successful food company transitions to meet welfare commitments
- Analyze research and industries related to the team’s strategic work and stay current on market trends
- Represent the organization in alignment with the Food Business Team’s objectives
- Develop and maintain record keeping of food business engagement, targets and progress
- Plan and participate in the implementation of events conducted by the food business team including, but not limited to, food business and investor-focused forums and roundtables
- Experience in a related field preferred (research, non-profit, corporate outreach or account management position)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivation with ability to work well independently and under pressure, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines
- Understanding of and ability to work within the considerations of consumer marketing and brand objectives
- Experience in managing complex projects with external partners
- Design experience (preferred)
- Personal qualities should include: team player, fearless, trustworthy and professional, diplomatic, organized, demonstrates initiative, innovative and creative, positive, strategic, forward thinking, approachable and adaptable, compassionate to people and animals.
- Great attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Friendly, positive, client/customer service-oriented personality
- Commitment to CIWF’s philosophy and missions and to the objectives of the organization
- Ability to act in accordance with the principles of Compassion in World Farming’s Ethical, Anti-Harassment and Anti-Discrimination Policies
- Ability to travel flexibility, roughly 10% of time
CIWF offers a generous benefits package including 25 days vacation, ample sick leave, paid family and medical leave, flexible work schedules, healthcare reimbursement, and a 403(b) retirement plan, all in a respectful, vibrant and welcoming work environment.
CIWF is an equal opportunity employer, and supports the facilitation of diversity, representation, and inclusivity within the animal protection movement.
To apply, please answer the following questions and send along with your resume & cover letter to [email protected]
- Why do you want to work at CIWF?
- What relevant experience do you have to succeed in this role?
- To what do you attribute your past successes?
- What are your salary expectations?
Full job details at:
Deadline to apply is Friday, March 22, 2019