The Sonographer is responsible for performing limited obstetrical ultrasounds and pregnancy consultations for clients of ENLC’s Women’s Centers. The sonographer is also responsible for the proper care and professional use of ultrasound equipment.
Sonographer (RDMS)/ Consultant (2 positions in Dayton OH)
Job Status: 1 Full Time 5 days/week, 1 Part-Time (3 days/week)
Department: ENLC Women’s Centers
Reports to: Clinic Manager
Supervises: None – however may occasionally assist in the training of new personnel or volunteers
- We are a Christian organization; our tenets are found in our four foundational statements.
- Our primary purpose is to protect unborn life.
- We believe in the sanctity of marriage between one man and one woman and the sacredness of the marital act.
- We promote Natural Family Planning (NFP) and we do not promote any form of artificial contraception or sterilization.
- We promote abstinence before marriage and fidelity within marriage.
- Perform limited obstetrical ultrasounds for clients of ENLC’s Women’s Centers.
- Performs pregnancy consulting with ENLC’s Women’s Centers clients
- Perform urine pregnancy tests as directed by Women’s Center Manager
- May train RN in Limited Obstetrical Ultrasound
- May conduct or assist with annual competency evaluations for all nurses trained in Limited OB Ultrasound
- Accurately prepare all necessary paperwork and electronic medical records regarding client contact within standard medical timeframes and established ENLC policy.
- Interact routinely with ENLC staff to coordinate smooth functioning of client referrals for ultrasounds.
- Follow appropriate aseptic techniques with all equipment coming in contact with the client and maintain equipment as necessary. Report equipment concerns or maintenance issues to the Clinic Manager.
- Maintain compliance with all applicable ENLC privacy practices, OSHA and other standards, laws or regulatory requirements that may be applicable, including ENLC, WC or HFPC policy.
- Complete sonographer portion of ultrasound report form correctly and in a timely manner.
- Communicate any abnormal US results to Clinic Manager and WC-Manager and use physician-established protocols- before dismissing the client.
- Follow up with each ultrasound client seen to share the physician’s final ultrasound results and encourage client to obtain prenatal care or other care as directed by the physician.
- Communicate with Radiologist directly if unsure of ultrasound findings.
- Support ENLC Women’s Center staff as needed.
- Attend meetings and trainings as required both professionally and for ENLC and WC, and look for additional training opportunities as appropriate.
- Work under guidance of Clinic Manager to ensure Elizabeth's New Life Center is in compliance with all OSHA and other standards, laws, and requirements that are applicable to our clinics.
- Attend all training including quarterly in-service training.
- Answer incoming phone calls and provide administrative support as needed such as filing and personal correspondences.
- Participate in administrative staff meetings and attend other meetings and seminars as required.
- Other duties pertaining to the mission of the organization as assigned by management.
Language and Other Skills
Must have highly developed interpersonal skills; ability to meet people with ease; ability to communicate the written and spoken work with tact and diplomacy; good organizational skills, well disciplined, able to meet deadlines, self-starter, able to work under pressure; ability to work well effectively with others. Ability to use computer and associated software with little or no assistance. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The noise level in the work environment is low – moderate. While fulfilling the responsibilities of this position, the employee is required to sit, stand and/or walk. Specific vision abilities required by the position include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
Driving to and from various locations may be required. Must be insurable by ENLC’s third party insurance.
- Adhere to ENLC Policy and Procedures.
- Demonstrates reliability and instills confidence in the ability to carry out job duties.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with coworkers and clients. Eager to meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility.
- Strong personal motivation, initiative, sense of responsibility.
- A servant’s attitude with the ability to understand how all tasks impact Elizabeth's New Life Center’s ministry of supporting life.
- A strong team player willing to both make difficult decisions and submit to authority.
- Willingness to support Elizabeth’s New Life Center’s mission and vision as defined by Elizabeth's New Life Center.