The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a Sr. Program Manager of Lifelong Learning in our National Center office located in Dallas, TX .
- Performs project management duties in collaboration with colleagues and staff, including initiating and defining project scope, planning, coordinating, executing, documenting, monitoring, controlling (progress), and closing assigned projects as needed.
- Leads, supervises and provides training (PMI best practices) to a group of Mgr. Professional Education and Associate Mgr. Grants staff to drive educational initiatives deliverables on time, at the specified cost, quality and performance.
- As part of the project management, provides updates and reports to Lifelong Learning / OSO staff, consultants, volunteers and Sr. Leadership on the status of projects. The updates and reports include information such as upcoming guidelines, updates on content for product creation/inclusion and dashboards so that a whole picture emerges for the C-suite review.
- Works collaboratively with internal and external staff, management, volunteers, and consultants for assigned projects.
- Oversees the grant writing process.
- Minimum of five (5) years of project management or equivalent relevant experience, with the ability to plan and monitor projects from inception through completion.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments, meet multiple deadlines, and manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Experience managing stakeholder expectations and communication flow as relates to project deliverables, scope and the internal project team.
- Experience working across departments to manage day-to-day workflow to ensure timely delivery of projects within scope and budget.
- Knowledge of assessing and controlling risk (Risk Management).
- Strong interpersonal skills, including relationship building.
- Functional multi-program computer skills; strong project management tools skills.
- Must be able to travel overnight approx. 10% of the time. Some travel may be required to support large events throughout the year.
Here are some of the preferred skills we are looking for:
- PMP or PgMP Certification
- Supervisory experience
- Healthcare project management experience
- Accredited continuing medical education experience