The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a Sr. Manager, Pre-Award and Operational Guidelines Oversight in our National Center office located in Dallas, Texas (Remote/Home Based is acceptable) .
The Senior Manager works to successful accomplish the 12 essential elements related to development of innovative research models which integrate AHA research values including; funding highly meritorious or “best” research and assurance that best practices are followed for all governance and operational guidelines.
- Direct, manage and develop staff to meet the 12 essential elements guiding the application and peer review processesof the research program including staff, science volunteer and lay reviewer training.
- Manage application processes while identifying methods to optimize efficiency and satisfaction of grant applicants.
- Manage peer review processes while identifying cost effective methods for peer review services to increase satisfaction of peer review volunteers.
- Periodically monitor [email protected] for effective peer review scoring.
- Collaborate effectively with other OSO departments and AHA departments to meet departmental and organizational goals, including BT, Publishing, Membership, Call Center, Finance.
- Directs, in conjunction with the Sr. Manager, Peer Review Services, the planning and implementation of the AHA research peer review processes including assistance to peer reviewers on policies and procedures and use of [email protected] or other grants management tool as available.
- Ensure that peer review committee recommendations are followed for concerns and flags post the peer review period.
- Work with identified Research Committee subcommittees, task forces and subgroups to assure peer review strategies are in alignment from development to implementation.
- Identifies, assess and implement new business processes and administrative procedures related to AHA research program peer review.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in research reporting and peer review processes as applicant or staff, experience in analytics, business technology (including experience in direct and indirect supervision of multiple staff, management of multiple related processes, fiscal accountability, project management and data management) or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Demonstrated skills in fiscal accountability and general knowledge/understanding of finance and accounting.
- Ability to interpret scientific data and research outcomes through independent learning or collaboration with other staff.
- Experience in management of high-level volunteers and/or experience as a science volunteer.
- Customer support experience.
- Must be able to travel overnight approx. 10-15% of the time.
Here are some of the preferred skills we are looking for:
- Advanced Degree (MS, MPH, or PHD preferred)
- Knowledge of the principles of research administration, research program, peer review and experience in their application is highly desirable.
- Experience in managing complex business processes.
- Experience in data systems and analytics.