The American Heart Association has an excellent opportunity for an Operations Manager, International Science based out of our National Center office located in Dallas, TX! This position can be remote but must live near a major airport.
This individual will be responsible for leading assigned project and program operations for AHA’s International Science department, serving as a resource for both International and AHA National Center staff. Responsible for developing and implementing project schedules, timelines, and deliverables. Responsible for facilitating negotiation, drafting and review of contracts, procurement processes, vendor management and related business services.
- Oversee coordination, scheduling, communication and facilitation of International Committee in conjunction with International Department staff. Identify, prepare and communicate activities to volunteers and other AHA departments to ensure consistent message and priority actions. Manage overall timelines and deliverables
- Drafts and routes Memoranda of Understanding, licensing agreements or related contracts to Legal, Procurement or Internal Audit for review, modification and approval. Oversees documentation of due diligence and data gathering for new partnerships and business relationships. Ensures parties comply with contractual agreements and provide accurate information
- Participates in or leads International Science programs, projects or initiatives. Provides operational support for project or program implementation as requested or assigned including project management, team leadership or facilitation of volunteer engagement
- Collaborates with AHA global counterparts and key stakeholders to support planning and participation of AHA staff and volunteers in international conferences, joint scientific sessions, and joint leadership meetings
- Develops, monitors, and analyzes International Science department budgets, including leading team members to adhere to budget expenditures as directed
- Two (2) – Five (5) years of relevant experience
- Experience developing, facilitating and implementing projects and programs including those developed with volunteers
- Experience working with international business leaders and volunteers
- Comprehensive skills in Microsoft Office and related applications
- Ability to work independently and prioritize assignments and allocate appropriate time for completing work. Strictly observes deadlines. Works well under pressure. Ability to handle a large volume of work in an efficient and timely manner
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to interact in multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity. Ability to diplomatically build relationships
- Ability to speak and write clearly and effectively
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of AHA and affiliate staff and volunteers
- Ability to travel up to 5% local and overnight stay