The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a Marketing Manager, Professional Memberships in our National Center office located in Dallas, TX .
The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a Marketing Manager in our National Center office located in Dallas, TX .
The Marketing Manager provides strategic marketing services along with Professional Membership Acquisition and Renewal marketing functions to departments in Science Operations, with the emphasis on AHA/ASA Professional Membership (including individual Scientific Councils) and Scientific Meetings. This role also assists the Sr. Manager of Professional Membership Marketing and their fellow marketing managers with key marketing projects they manage to promote Professional Membership, Scientific Meetings, and other marketing
- 50% of time will be spent increasing and maintaining Professional Membership through Acquisitions and Renewals, Scientific Meeting abstract submission and attendance, Scientific Publishing subscribers and Research applicants by coordinating, developing and directing all functions for marketing Scientific Councils, assigned conferences, journals/books and/or research programs.
- Prospecting additional Professional Members by Identifying and expanding Data Base for additional market reach.
- Increasing membership retention and overall membership market share.
- Manage market planning, print design and production, direct mail, e-mail campaigns, advertising, web content development, on-site signage and promotional programs as well as all other aspects of marketing and any research studies needed.
- Manage revenue and budget for established portfolio while identifying potential cost savings and revenue gains.
- Manage project timelines, deadline compliance and effective communication and dissemination of both.
- Submit articles, obtain content and images, submit them for science and editorial review, coordinate content for design, review proofs, post final versions online and create bulk emails to send to all members as well as track all expenses.
- Establish trusted communication with volunteers and anticipate needs and expectations.
- Minimum of four (4) years of related experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PPT and Outlook).
- Ability to work independently with excellent time management skills.
- Knowledge of managing budgets.
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively with staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present to management effectively.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability in print marketing, design and delivery.
- Must be able to travel overnight approx. 15% of the time.
Here are some of the preferred skills we are looking for:
- Basic HTML and web development knowledge.
- Experience marketing to Membership Associations and Healthcare Marketing.
- Experience in posting messages via social media platforms, including: Facebook, Twitter YouTube, Vine, Instagram.
- Ability to think strategically from a social media perspective, where you can create marketing plans and prepare result reports based on the available social media data and present findings.